2411 18th Street, NW
Normally I get tons of restaurant PR emails everyday. If a restaurant raises their thermostadt 2 degrees I’ll get a blaring email two pages long celebrating the feat. Now I’ve gotten dozens of emails and tweets from readers asking where to watch the GOP Debate tomorrow night and if there are any restaurant specials. Not one Restaurant/PR email. Boo. I do however look forward to hearing about National Tripe Day and the all specials inspired by your chef’s summer trip to Guadalajara. Ok sorry – where to watch the GOP debate tomorrow because we know it is going to be awesome.
Here’s a few I’ve found and please add others you may have heard of in the comments:
1. How could I forget – Stetson’s (1610 U Street, NW) of course will be showing the debate. Ed. Note: thank God fears of end of an era were premature! Knock wood, knock wood.
2. Ventnor Cafe in Adams Morgan (2411 18th Street, NW): “Join us at our Upstiars bar for the 1st GOP debate. In our tradition of showing more than just sports we welcome all to watch while The Donald is still in the action. I mean with The Donald on live TV this has got to be good, right?”
3. Lou’s City Bar in Columbia Heights (14th and Irving St, NW)
4. Looking Glass Lounge in Petworth (3634 Georgia Ave NW) “Come join us for the Republican Primary Debates. There will be drinking games, drink specials, hilarity and sadness. Then, there will be more drinking, hilarity and sadness as we watch Jon Stewart’s last Daily Show.”
5. Network For Progress at Cambria Suites in Shaw
“6:30pm-10:30pm Thursday, August 6th
(6:30 21+ Rooftop Mixer, 9:00 Debate Watch, 11:00 Stewart Finale)
899 O Street NW”
inside 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Thanks to Bob for sending: “The Andy’s pizza at Western Market is open!”
901 Monroe Street, NE “Dear PoPville, I’m wondering if you or your readers may have any updates on the development at 901 Monroe St NE in Brookland – or maybe…
2251 Wisconsin Ave, NW Thanks to J. for passing on the closing notice: “Hello NYSC Glover Park Member, Whether you’re a long-standing member or just recently discovered our Club, we…
photo by Eric P. From AlertDC: “The US Military will conduct a flyover in the NCR, at Arlington National Cemetery, on Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 3:15 PM.”
You are cordially invited to the Washington Opera Society’s exclusive Christmas/Hannukah Party!
We are pleased to welcome our great opera stars to the company!
Juliette Di Bello, Manuela Tomasz Korossy, Kristin Sampson from the NY City Opera Company, and Kevin Short of the Metropolitan Opera.
Don’t miss this unique holiday concert of seasonal favorites and hit arias from the operatic repertoire sung by our cast of stellar singers. Maestro Benichou will bring his infectious energy as he leads the WOS Festival Ensemble in an evening sure to remember. Glad tidings!
You are cordially invited to the Embassy of Austria for a thrilling evening with Mozart. What a better way to spend Christmas and Hannukah! Our full orchestra and lead singers, some of whom sing at the Met, will appeal to teens as they begin their journey to the classics! We expect to be sold out soon…..
Get your tickets now!
Under the Gracious Patronage of H.E. Petra Schneebauer, Ambassador of Austria
Julien Benichou, Conductor
Kevin Short as Figaro
Manna K. Jones as Susanna
Stephen Powell as Count Almaviva
Laquita Mitchell as Contessa
Anna Kelly as Cherubino
Maggie Polglaze as Barbarina
John Gibney as Bartolo
Leah Heater as Marcellina
Christopher Jon Hartung as Antonio & Don Curzio
Narration provided by Robin Phillips
Embassy of Austria
3524 International Court NW
Washington, DC 20008
Doors Open/Cocktails 6:30 pm
Performance including Intermission 7:15 pm
Wine Reception with Heavy Hors d’oeuvres 9:15 to 10:30 pm
Box Seats $250
Orchestra Reserved $150
Seniors (over 65 years old) Unreserved $80 [sold out]
Students with ID $50
Join metrobar and the team at DC Beer for a taste of 12 holiday brews, all made in the DMV by your favorite local breweries! Your ticket gets you access to the afternoon tasting with 3oz pours of each of