2411 18th Street, NW
Normally I get tons of restaurant PR emails everyday. If a restaurant raises their thermostadt 2 degrees I’ll get a blaring email two pages long celebrating the feat. Now I’ve gotten dozens of emails and tweets from readers asking where to watch the GOP Debate tomorrow night and if there are any restaurant specials. Not one Restaurant/PR email. Boo. I do however look forward to hearing about National Tripe Day and the all specials inspired by your chef’s summer trip to Guadalajara. Ok sorry – where to watch the GOP debate tomorrow because we know it is going to be awesome.
Here’s a few I’ve found and please add others you may have heard of in the comments:
1. How could I forget – Stetson’s (1610 U Street, NW) of course will be showing the debate. Ed. Note: thank God fears of end of an era were premature! Knock wood, knock wood.
2. Ventnor Cafe in Adams Morgan (2411 18th Street, NW): “Join us at our Upstiars bar for the 1st GOP debate. In our tradition of showing more than just sports we welcome all to watch while The Donald is still in the action. I mean with The Donald on live TV this has got to be good, right?”
3. Lou’s City Bar in Columbia Heights (14th and Irving St, NW)
4. Looking Glass Lounge in Petworth (3634 Georgia Ave NW) “Come join us for the Republican Primary Debates. There will be drinking games, drink specials, hilarity and sadness. Then, there will be more drinking, hilarity and sadness as we watch Jon Stewart’s last Daily Show.”
5. Network For Progress at Cambria Suites in Shaw
“6:30pm-10:30pm Thursday, August 6th
(6:30 21+ Rooftop Mixer, 9:00 Debate Watch, 11:00 Stewart Finale)
899 O Street NW”