2411 18th Street, NW
Normally I get tons of restaurant PR emails everyday. If a restaurant raises their thermostadt 2 degrees I’ll get a blaring email two pages long celebrating the feat. Now I’ve gotten dozens of emails and tweets from readers asking where to watch the GOP Debate tomorrow night and if there are any restaurant specials. Not one Restaurant/PR email. Boo. I do however look forward to hearing about National Tripe Day and the all specials inspired by your chef’s summer trip to Guadalajara. Ok sorry – where to watch the GOP debate tomorrow because we know it is going to be awesome.
Here’s a few I’ve found and please add others you may have heard of in the comments:
1. How could I forget – Stetson’s (1610 U Street, NW) of course will be showing the debate. Ed. Note: thank God fears of end of an era were premature! Knock wood, knock wood.
2. Ventnor Cafe in Adams Morgan (2411 18th Street, NW): “Join us at our Upstiars bar for the 1st GOP debate. In our tradition of showing more than just sports we welcome all to watch while The Donald is still in the action. I mean with The Donald on live TV this has got to be good, right?”
3. Lou’s City Bar in Columbia Heights (14th and Irving St, NW)
4. Looking Glass Lounge in Petworth (3634 Georgia Ave NW) “Come join us for the Republican Primary Debates. There will be drinking games, drink specials, hilarity and sadness. Then, there will be more drinking, hilarity and sadness as we watch Jon Stewart’s last Daily Show.”
5. Network For Progress at Cambria Suites in Shaw
“6:30pm-10:30pm Thursday, August 6th
(6:30 21+ Rooftop Mixer, 9:00 Debate Watch, 11:00 Stewart Finale)
899 O Street NW”
I definitely did a double take when I saw this tree (above) a few blocks from house. Good news/timing from the National Park Service this morning: “Stay calm, this is…
via google maps From MPD at 10:30pm: “Alert: Shooting investigation in the 1800 block of 3rd Street NW No Lookout.” Updates if/when more info is released.
Thanks to the now open Little Vietnam for sharing with us: “BANH XEO
3651 Georgia Ave, NW Thanks to PJ for sending what’s coming to the former Iacovelli space: “New build across from CVS at Georgia and Quebec.” Another reader writes: “AMERICAN BEST…
Imagine being in a room with other interesting, like-minded humans and feeling confident and encouraged to share who you really are and what you really want? Where no desire or interest is too unusual, and you spend the evening building