“The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) released the Outdoor Aquatic Facilities Closure Schedule for the 2015 summer season. DPR will implement the first phase of Outdoor Pool closures starting on Sunday, August 16, 2015.
- All Outdoor Pools will close in waves beginning on Sunday, August 16, 2015. Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on their respective Sundays.
- All Children’s Pools will close for the season at 6 pm on Sunday, August 23, 2015.
- All Spray Parks will close for the season at 7 pm on Labor Day, Monday, September 7, 2015.
- East Potomac Outdoor Pool will close for the season at 6 pm on Wednesday, September 30, 2015.
Below is the comprehensive closure schedule for the 2015 season. Pools are listed by type (Outdoor, Children’s and Spray Park) and then by date. Please call DPR’s Aquatics office at (202) 671-1289 should you have additional questions or need further assistance.
OUTDOOR AND CHILDREN’S POOLS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 16 for the season:
- Ward 5: Langdon Park Pool (2860 Mills Ave., NE)
- Ward 7: Kelly Miller Pool (4900 Brooks St., NE)
- Ward 8: Douglass Pool (1921 Fredrick Douglass Ct., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 23 for the season:
- Ward 1: Happy Hollow Children’s Pool (2200 Champlain St., NW)
Park View Children’s Pool (693 Otis Pl., NW)
- Ward 5: Harry Thomas Sr. Pool (1743 Lincoln Rd., NE)
- Ward 6: Lincoln Capper Children’s Pool (555 L St., SE)
Watkins Children’s Pool (420 12th St., SE)
- Ward 7: Benning Park Pool (5100 Southern Ave., SE)
– Closing at 6 pm on Sunday, August 30 for the season:
- Ward 2: Jelleff Pool (3265 S St., NW)
Volta Park Pool (1555 34th St., NW)
- Ward 5: Theodore Hagans Jr. Pool (3201 Fort Lincoln Dr., NE)
- Ward 6: Randall Pool (25 I St., SW)
- Ward 8: Anacostia Pool (1800 Anacostia Dr., SE)
Fort Stanton Pool (1800 Erie St., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Monday, September 7 for the season:
- Ward 1: Banneker Pool (2500 Georgia Ave., NW)
- Ward 2: Francis Pool (2435 N St., NW)
- Ward 4: Upshur Pool (4300 Arkansas Ave., NW)
- Ward 6: Rosedale Pool (1701 Gales St., NE)
- Ward 8: Oxon Run Pool (501 Mississippi Ave., SE)
- Closing at 6 pm on Wednesday, September 30 for the season:
- Ward 2: East Potomac Pool (972 Ohio Dr., SW)
SPRAY PARKS CLOSURE SCHEDULE
– Closing at 7 pm on Monday, September 7 for the season:
- Ward 1: 14th & Girard Street Spray Park (14th and Girard St., NW)
14th & Park Road Spray Park (14th St. and Park Rd., NW)
Columbia Heights Spray Park (1480 Girard St., NW)
Harrison Spray Park (1330 V St., NW)
- Ward 3: Chevy Chase Rec. Ctr. Spray Park (5500 41st St., NW)
Friendship Spray Park (4500 Van Ness St., NW)
Macomb Spray Park (3409 Macomb St., NW)
Palisades Spray Park (5200 Sherier Pl., NW)
- Ward 4: Fort Stevens Spray Park (1327 Van Buren St., NW)
Lafayette Spray Park (5900 33rd St., NW)
Petworth Spray Park (801 Taylor St., NW)
Riggs LaSalle Spray Park (501 Riggs Rd., NE)
Takoma Spray Park (300 Van Buren St., NW)
- Ward 5: Joseph H. Cole Spray Park (1299 Neal St., NE)
Turkey Thicket Spray Park (1100 Michigan Ave., NW)
- Ward 6: Kennedy Spray Park (1401 7th St., NW)
- Ward 7: Fort Davis Spray Park (1400 41st St., SE)
Hillcrest Spray Park (3100 Denver St., NW)
- Ward 8: Fort Greble Spray Park (ML King Jr. Ave. & Elmira St., SW)”
photo by Victoria Pickering From Alert DC: “Please be aware a fireworks display will take place on December 2 at 8PM in the area of the District Wharf. DC Fire…
From District Made Spirits (1135 Okie Street, NE): “On Saturday, December 2nd from 1 – 6 PM, please join us at the distillery for a spirited celebration. Your favorite District…
Thanks to Paul for sending from Bangkok’s Chinatown. If you get a photo with any of your shirt/merch on your travels – please send a photo with where you went…
Photo by Erin Ed. Note: If this was you, please email [email protected] so I can put you in touch with OP. “Dear PoPville, Was at Urban Roast on Wednesday (11/29)…
You are cordially invited to the Embassy of Austria for a thrilling evening with Mozart. What a better way to spend Christmas and Hannukah! Our full orchestra and lead singers, some of whom sing at the Met, will appeal to teens as they begin their journey to the classics! We expect to be sold out soon…..
Get your tickets now!
Under the Gracious Patronage of H.E. Petra Schneebauer, Ambassador of Austria
Julien Benichou, Conductor
Kevin Short as Figaro
Manna K. Jones as Susanna
Stephen Powell as Count Almaviva
Laquita Mitchell as Contessa
Anna Kelly as Cherubino
Maggie Polglaze as Barbarina
John Gibney as Bartolo
Leah Heater as Marcellina
Christopher Jon Hartung as Antonio & Don Curzio
Narration provided by Robin Phillips
Embassy of Austria
3524 International Court NW
Washington, DC 20008
Doors Open/Cocktails 6:30 pm
Performance including Intermission 7:15 pm
Wine Reception with Heavy Hors d’oeuvres 9:15 to 10:30 pm
Box Seats $250
Orchestra Reserved $150
Seniors (over 65 years old) Unreserved $80 [sold out]
Students with ID $50
Come solve a crime that took place in Takoma Park 130 years ago!
HouseMouse Books and Vintage is excited to announce the debut of Escape the Bookshop II, our new limited-run escape room experience. Escape the Bookshop II is a unique group puzzle game that is based on a real crime that took place in Takoma Park around 130 years ago. It is designed and created by HouseMouse to be played in our atmospheric little bookshop. This is not your typical corporate escape room and makes for a memorable evening out with friends or family!
Bookings are now open for game dates in January through April 2024. The game generally takes place Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM but special arrangements can be made upon request. It is designed to be played by a group of 3 to 6 people (ages 16+) and lasts for one hour. No prior escape room experience is needed to enjoy the game.
Four talented storytellers. Four unbelievable stories. Three are true. One is false. Can you spot the liar? Listen. Laugh. Interrogate. Vote. And then brace yourself for the shocking truth!
Don’t miss the show that the Washington Post called “Storytelling at