Photo by PoPville flickr user Ryan Chiachiere
From Alert DC:
“National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow; which is in effect from midnight tonight to 9 PM on Thursday 5th March, 2015.
* Accumulations: Snow 4 to 8 inches….along with a trace of ice.
* Locations: Washington DC Metropolitan area.
* Impacts: Roads will be snow covered with visibility reduced to one quarter mile at times.
* Winds: North 10 to 15 MPH with gusts up to 25 MPH.
* Temperatures: In the low 30s. Dropping into the 20s on Thursday.”