Thanks to a reader for sending: “Not sure if you had already seen this but if the allegations are true it’s pretty crazy.” The allegations are absolutely terrifying – just a sample:
“35. Despite immediately finding upon entry the Plaintiff’s pedigreed dog to be in good health and temperament, and without any evident injury or mistreatment, Defendant Kyle seized the Plaintiff’s dog as “evidence”.
36. After finding no evidence of animal cruelty, Defendant Kyle began opening closed containers within the Plaintiff’s residence, and began “field testing” capsules he found therein for illegal drugs.
37. Such searches by Defendant Kyle exceeded the limited scope of the defective animal cruelty warrant authorized by the Superior Court.
38. After claiming one such capsule he found inside a closed container to have tested positive for amphetamines, Defendant Kyle sought an additional search warrant from the Superior Court for the capsules he had already obtained through his initial illegal search of the Plaintiff’s residence.
39. The Plaintiff was arrested and charged by Defendant Kyle with animal cruelty and possession of illegal drugs.
40. Such charges lacked any factual basis of lawfully obtained evidence supporting probable cause.
41. The cash receipts of the Plaintiff’s two nightclub businesses found in his residence were seized by Defendant Kyle without explanation and have not been returned.
42. Such cash was seized without any lawful authority.
43. The Plaintiff’s dog has been seized by the Washington Humane Society without any kind of hearing or recourse and the Washington Humane Society refuses to release the dog to anyone including the Plaintiff.”
Full lawsuit from the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA below:
The memorial is on Sheridan Circle near Embassy Row and Massachusetts Ave, NW. From Wikipedia: “On September 21, 1976, Orlando Letelier and Ronni Karpen Moffitt were killed by a car…
lolly asks: “Anyone know what’s happening with llamabar that was supposed to open this summer on 1 M Street SE? Used to be llamabar signage but all signage gone and…
Photo by Phil Do you have emergency funds set aside? How long are folks thinking it will last? Are you concerned about making rent/paying bills? For those who are in…
1214 U Street, NW previously home to Ulah Bistro/Rebel Taco Back in July we learned about the Chi Cha Lounge miracle. Ed. Note: Last Friday we discussed: What Restaurant/Bar would…
At Generation Hope, we’re dedicated to supporting teen parents in college as they work toward earning their degrees. We are in need of caring child care volunteers for upcoming events on Saturday, October 21st (in Washington, DC), and Saturday, November 4th (in Arlington, VA). Join our growing volunteer community and support us at an event this fall!
At all of our events, we provide free onsite child care for the children of the teen parents we serve, creating a nurturing environment for the kiddos while their parents learn valuable life skills and build community.
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, please visit https://www.generationhope.org/volunteer to learn more.
Vietnam Week Returns!
Mark your calendars for an exciting week-long celebration of Vietnamese culture and arts right here in DC. Vietnam Week is an annual tradition that brings our community together through a series of themed events, including film screenings, fine art exhibitions, mouthwatering cuisine, captivating live performances, and much more!
Vietnam Week aligns with the lunar celebration of Tet Trung Thu, the mid-autumn moon festival, a cherished tradition in Vietnam spanning 3,000 years. Join us in experiencing the enchanting customs and traditions of this cultural celebration!
DC 20’s & 30’s Singles Happy Hour
You all asked, and were delivering! Our sold out September Singles Happy Hour was such a success, were throwing another! This time we are hosting at an even better venue, with a larger