Thanks to a reader for sending: “Not sure if you had already seen this but if the allegations are true it’s pretty crazy.” The allegations are absolutely terrifying – just a sample:
“35. Despite immediately finding upon entry the Plaintiff’s pedigreed dog to be in good health and temperament, and without any evident injury or mistreatment, Defendant Kyle seized the Plaintiff’s dog as “evidence”.
36. After finding no evidence of animal cruelty, Defendant Kyle began opening closed containers within the Plaintiff’s residence, and began “field testing” capsules he found therein for illegal drugs.
37. Such searches by Defendant Kyle exceeded the limited scope of the defective animal cruelty warrant authorized by the Superior Court.
38. After claiming one such capsule he found inside a closed container to have tested positive for amphetamines, Defendant Kyle sought an additional search warrant from the Superior Court for the capsules he had already obtained through his initial illegal search of the Plaintiff’s residence.
39. The Plaintiff was arrested and charged by Defendant Kyle with animal cruelty and possession of illegal drugs.
40. Such charges lacked any factual basis of lawfully obtained evidence supporting probable cause.
41. The cash receipts of the Plaintiff’s two nightclub businesses found in his residence were seized by Defendant Kyle without explanation and have not been returned.
42. Such cash was seized without any lawful authority.
43. The Plaintiff’s dog has been seized by the Washington Humane Society without any kind of hearing or recourse and the Washington Humane Society refuses to release the dog to anyone including the Plaintiff.”
Full lawsuit from the UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA below: