Ed. Note: It’ll all be worth it if Eataly comes, it’ll all be worth it if Eataly comes…
“The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) announces that Phase 2 the Third Street Tunnel Project for utility relocation work along Massachusetts Avenue and H Street NW, between 2nd Street and 4th Street, NW, is scheduled to begin Tuesday, November 18, 2014. The related work, involving removal, relocation and replacement of existing underground utilities will impact both vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and is expected to last six months, weather permitting.
Construction activities during this phase will generally occur during the following hours:
· Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
· Saturday and Sunday work, scheduled only as needed, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Phase II Traffic Pattern Shifts:
· 3rd Street will be closed north of the H Street; traffic will be redirected around this intersection (to utilize 4th and I Streets) for the full duration of Phase 2.
· H Street will be re-opened westbound, allowing traffic to travel directly through the Massachusetts Avenue intersection from 2nd to 4th Streets; eastbound traffic will remain as currently configured.
· Temporary Lane Closures should be expected between 7:00am to 12:00am. Traffic barrels, cones, and flaggers shall be implemented to redirect traffic as necessary.”