Photo of Yards Park by PoPville flickr user caroline.angelo
From a press release:
“Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, or veg-curious, DC VegFest is the place to be on September 20th from 11am-6pm. More than 15,000 Washingtonians and visitors alike are expected to attend this yearly celebration of the best of everything vegetarian in and around the nation’s capital.
“From free vegan food samples and cooking demos to a kids’ activity area and live music, DC VegFest has something for everyone,” says Erica Meier, Executive Director of Compassion Over Killing. “Now in its sixth year, this free outdoor event is the perfect way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon with your family and friends – including your furry four-legged friends who can enjoy free treats in our new Barking Lot.”
During this day-long celebration, more than 100 exhibitors, partners, and sponsors will showcase a wide range of products, services and resources to help Washingtonians discover why eating a plant-based diet and choosing vegetarian foods is one of the best ways to help protect our health, the planet, and animals.
· Sample free delicious vegan food (Tofurky, Treeline cheese, So Delicious dairy-free ice cream)
· Learn from expert chefs hosting cooking demos
· Hear from nationally renowned speakers (ASL interpreters will be on the main stage)
· Enjoy live performances from local musicians, including Steve Gellman
· Participate in the Kids’ Activity Area featuring our popular “Ask a Vegan Family” booth and a kid-friendly cooking demonstration from Doron Petersan, owner of Sticky Fingers Sweets and Eats
· Relax in the beer and wine garden — sponsored by Bread & Brew”