Photo via NoMa BID
From a press release:
“Filmgoers, rejoice: you can watch your favorite movies under the stars at NoMa Summer Screen next week! NoMa’s signature event series, showing 13 weeks of films fitting the theme “Unlikely Friendships,” will once again be held on the Loree Grand Field at Second and L Streets, NE.
NoMa Summer Screen is a free, outdoor film series in NoMa, Washington, D.C.’s most connected neighborhood. Every Wednesday from May 28 to August 20, hundreds of neighbors gather at 7 p.m. for music, giveaways, food trucks, picnicking, and fun for all ages. Films start at dark. All movies are screened with subtitles. Coolers, children and friendly (leashed) dogs are welcome. The 2014 series is sponsored by Storey Park, a 712,000 SF project with office, retail and residential in the heart of NoMa, coming in 2016.
Now in its seventh year, the award-winning series will feature “Unlikely Friendship” films: coming-of-age tales, time-travel comedies, `80’s classics, and more:
· May 28: Back to the Future (PG, 1985) rest of the schedule after the jump.
· June 4: Silver Linings Playbook (R, 2012)
· June 11: Midnight in Paris (PG, 2011)
· June 18: Up (PG, 2009)
· June 25: When Harry Met Sally (R, 1989)
· July 2: Clueless (PG-13, 1995)
· July 9: The Muppets (PG, 2011)
· July 16: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (PG-13, 2012)
· July 23: The Dark Knight (PG-13, 2008)
· July 30: Pitch Perfect (PG-13, 2012)
· August 6: Top Gun (PG, 1986)
· August 13: The Sandlot (PG, 1993)”