From the Forum – Can You Report a Troubled Property?

by Prince Of Petworth July 26, 2013 at 2:15 pm 16 Comments

Photo by PoPville flickr user rpmaxwell

Can You Report a Troubled Property?

“We live on a block that mostly consists of apartment buildings, the 2+2 w/ central staircase-type, not uncommon in DC. They’re mostly well kept and there aren’t any problems with any of them, except fo the one right across the street.

Between the 4 units in this building, 3 of them are rented by at least one drug dealer and a bunch of younger guys that mostly loiter around drinking, smoking weed, dropping trash everywhere, drawing in other people to loiter and buy drugs, etc, etc, etc…

I’ve written a police lieutenant in our district who hasn’t responded. I also approached our ANC Reps (who sent me to the police). They weren’t very helpful. What I want to know is whether or not there’s a District agency that I can report the building/tennants to that could get the ball rolling on a solution. I was thinking there must be some sort of housing authority for market rate apartments (this isn’t section-8) that keeps up on things like this.

Honestly, we’re feeling kind of helpless regarding the issue. I don’t want to give up on it, but we’re genuinely stuck. Has anyone on PoP dealt with something like this? What options are there?”

You can see all forum topics and add your own here.


Subscribe to our mailing list