Photo by PoPville flickr user zoeicaimages
Metro’s multi-year rebuilding effort will continue over the weekend of June 7-9 with service adjustments beginning at 10 p.m. Friday night and continuing through system closing on Sunday.
Red Line – 10 p.m. Fri., June 7 through closing Sun., June 9
Red Line trains will single track through two work zones:
• between Shady Grove and Twinbrook for rail, fastener, insulator and third-rail work; and
• between Rhode Island Ave and Takoma for ongoing platform reconstruction, tie replacement and track maintenance.
Throughout the weekend, Red Line trains will operate every 24 minutes between Shady Grove and Glenmont. From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Grosvenor and NoMa-Gallaudet, resulting in service about every 12 minutes between these stations.
To reduce their wait time, riders who normally park at Shady Grove, Rockville, Twinbrook or White Flint may wish to use Grosvenor Station this weekend instead.
Passengers will experience the longer wait time on the platform; once a train departs a station, it is not expected to encounter delays en route.
Orange, Blue, Yellow & Green lines – 10 p.m. Fri., June 7 through closing Sun., June 9
Trains on all other lines (Orange, Blue, Yellow and Green) will operate every 18 minutes throughout the weekend to allow for rebuilding work in several work zones:
• between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly for platform reconstruction
• between Mt Vernon Square and U Street for switch replacement, rail renewal and joint elimination
• between East Falls Church and West Falls Church for Silver Line testing
Note: Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and Fort Totten this weekend.