Photo by PoPville flickr user Rukasu1
Saturday, May 25, 2013 to Monday, May 27, 2013
Annual Thunder Alley
Rolling Thunder will kick off its Annual Thunder Alley on Saturday, May 25, 2013. The following streets will be affected on Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, May 26, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Monday, May 27, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· 22nd Street, NW between C Street and Constitution Avenue, NW.
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Rolling Thunder Rally
On Sunday, May 26, 2013, the Rolling Thunder Rally will take place from 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. In conjunction with this event, there will be several street closures that motorists should take into consideration. For more information on Thunder Alley and Rolling Thunder Rally, please visit http://rollingthunderrun.com/.
· Route will begin at the Pentagon and travel across the Lincoln Memorial Bridge (Eastbound)
· North on 23rd Street, NW
· Right turn on Constitution Avenue, NW
· East along Constitution Avenue, NW
· Right on 3rd Street, NW
· South on 3rd Street, NW
· Right on Independence Avenue, SW
· West along Independence Avenue, SW until Ohio Drive, SW
· West on Ohio Drive, SW until West Potomac Park (disband).
· The stage and rally point is located near the Korean Memorial in West Potomac Park (USPP Territory).
Monday, May 27, 2013
National Memorial Day Parade
On Monday, May 27, 2013, the National Memorial Day Parade will take place from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m.
The streets along the following route will be closed from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
· Starting from 7th Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW ending at 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
· Also closed: 7th Street, NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue, SW
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions.
and from MPD:
United House of Prayer Memorial Parade
Saturday, May 25, 2013
Starting at 12 Noon to 3:30pm
The parade will form at 6th and M St NW. It will then start north on 6th St NW to S St NW, west on S St to 13th St NW, South on 13th St to Logan Circle southwest around Logan Circle to P St NW, east on P St to 7th St, South on 7th St to M St, East on M St to 6th St where they will disband.