Thanks for always being there.
Great turnout for the celebration Sunday afternoon.
“Engine Company 24 was placed in service on November 29, 1911 at 3702 Georgia Ave NW. The fire house was sold to Metro and the site was turned into a Metro Station subway stop. The front of the fire house was moved around the corner on New Hampshire Ave and is used by Metro as a transformer station . In May of 1994 the company moved into their new fire house at 5101 Georgia Ave NW. The new fire house was designed by member of the company and built by Metro.”
Captain Engine Co. 24 Christopher Sefton at the podium, Chief Kenneth Ellerbe seated, Council Member Muriel Bowser seated, VP IAFF Local 36 Charles Hottinger seated
More photos after the jump.