From an email:
Celebrate Capital Bikeshare’s FIRST birthday and Car Free Day all at one celebration at the Capital Bikeshare Birthday Bash! Please join us on September 22 in The Yards Park from 6-9 pm and enjoy the festivities.
- Live music from 80’s band The Reflex
- Food trucks, including Red Hook Lobster Pound, Doug the Food Dude, Eat Wonky, Rolling Ficelle, Carnivore BBQ and Dippin’ Dots
- Free cupcakes from Sprinkles
- Free drinks from Honest Tea
- Games and craft brews from New Belgium Brewing to celebrate their launch into the DC market
- Giveaways, including exclusive CaBi Birthday Bash t-shirts to the first 1,000 guests, water bottles from Whole Foods, Capital Bikeshare helmets and bike lights from BikeArlington
- Paper boy and slow bike races
- Moonbounces, bungee run, gladiator joust and wrecking ball
- Raffle prizes
- Hoola hooping garden with HooperNATURAL
- The Natmobile on site with signups for free giveaways from the Washington Nationals
- Photos courtesy of Smilebooth
The event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends and help us celebrate the success of Capital Bikeshare. Plenty of bike racks (bring your own lock) and a Capital Bikeshare corral will be available for anyone riding by bicycle to the event. For other ways to get to The Yards Park, click here. Be sure to take the pledge to go car free on September 22, and then come celebrate with Capital Bikeshare. We can’t wait to see you there!