From an email:
The Capitol Riverfront BID will be hosting a National Cherry Blossom Festival Family Fun Day in the brand-new Yards Park on the river. The event will be on Saturday, April 2 from 11 am – 4 pm.
Celebrate the Cherry Blossom Festival, the start of baseball season and the beginning of spring at the Yards Park, the centerpiece of a new Washington, DC waterfront destination. Like no other public space in the region, the Yards Park brings unique opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and the river. The 5.5-acre park is the size of about four football fields and features a ¼ mile boardwalk and waterfall. It is the centerpiece of the Capitol Riverfront neighborhood and The Yards development.
The FREE Family Fun Day will include:
- Lantern making for kids and adults
- Kids crafts and activities including boat making kits and a moonbounce
- Sake tasting and a Japanese beer garden by Mie N Yu
- A variety of sushi and Japanese cuisine available from Nooshi Sushi
- Trapeze School demonstrations and performances at 1:15 and 2:15
- Martial Art performances by Hapmudo at 12:30 and 1:45