Dear PoP – Food truck fiasco/showdown today in metro center!

“Dear PoP,

I went out to go try Takorean today for lunch. After waiting in a long line, I was about 3 people away from the front of line when a cop car pulls up (lights blazing) and asks for his food licenses and papers. He orders the truck to shut down and says that while he has the correct licenses to do business, he doesn’t have the license “to do business here”.

The cop told me that someone had called in to him saying that the Takorean truck didn’t have the correct licenses. The truck owner said that he did, and was getting someone from Takorean HQ to bring them out.

I have a feeling that an angry restaurant owner nearby was mad about losing business, so phoned in this “tip”. What’s up with this? What kind of certification do food trucks need to operate?”

Anytime food is handled/served/sold I believe DCRA papers are required. I’d be surprised if a big truck like Takorean didn’t have them, though it is odd that they apparently weren’t in the truck. Anyone else witness this scene?

Who do you think will win this apparent battle – food trucks or brick and mortar restaurants?

Recent Stories

January 20 Coronavirus Data New Cases: 524 confirmed and 104 probable From the Mayor’s Office: “The District’s reported data for January 21-23, 2022 includes 1,350 new confirmed positive coronavirus (COVID-19)…

Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Last Christmas Tree in Town. You can email your sightings to [email protected] Thanks to Carmen for…

photo by Mark Andre “Dear PoPville, Missed connection! He was coming out of the elevator and into the lobby of my navy yard apartment building as I was stepping into…

Your Afternoon Animal Fix

If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…


Subscribe to our mailing list