Photo by PoPville flickr user annejuliet
Just got an email from Shadow Senator Paul Strauss about “our plan to change the name of Pennsylvania Avenue to help promote our struggle for DC Statehood.”
Washington City Paper reported on some of the proposed names for the 1300 and 1400 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue NW:
* Give D.C. Statehood Avenue
* Statehood for D.C. Avenue
* D.C. for Statehood Avenue
* D.C. Demands Statehood Avenue
* D.C. Statehood Now Avenue
* D.C. Demands Full Democracy Avenue
* Give D.C. Full Democracy Avenue
The council is also considering a new message to accompany the “Welcome to Washington” signs along the D.C.-Maryland line.
Anyone think this is a good idea? If so, what do you think the name should be changed to?