This rental is located at Girard Street at Georgia Avenue, NW:
The Craigslist ad says:
“HUGE ENGLISH BASEMENT — approximately 1,100 Sq. FEET
MOVE IN READY or DECEMBER 1 — Spacious studio basement apartment for one person
– 6 blocks to Columbia Heights Metro or Howard University (Green/Yellow line)
– Private Entrance
– Brand new washer/dyer
– 2 petite windows for some natural lighting
– Central AC / Heat
– Private bathroom
– Vaulted lighting throughout with a dimmer in the “bedroom” area
– Closet and lots of storage
– Sorry no pets
– And walking distance to Target, Washington Sport Club, Marshall’s, Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Staples, and Giant.
The basement is furnished with a large IKEA geometric bookshelf that separates the bedroom from living space, a red love seat, two end tables and a coffee table. There’s a small kitchen but no stove. The previous tenant used a counter convection oven and burners. Perfect for young professional / student!
RENT: $975 a month. $975 deposit. 6-month lease preferred but not necessary. We can do a month-to-month—I am flexible. Credit/background check ($30 application fee). Utilities are split with the main part of house. Utilities (which are separate from rent) will be for Comcast with box and remote / WIFI, gas, electric, and water which runs an average of $100 a month.”
Does $975 sound reasonable?