Dear PoP – Temporary Street Parking on a No Parking Side of the Street Question

by Prince Of Petworth November 19, 2010 at 1:30 pm 7 Comments

Photo by PoPville flickr user Wayan Vota

“Dear PoP,

I am preparing to have blown in insulation installed. The company informed me that they need to park either directly in front of the house or directly behind it. My house is on a two way street (P St) that only allows parking on the opposite side. As the street is very busy with buses (G2) and decent flow of cars, I called my police district office to see if I could get a temporary permit for the truck. MPD referred me to dc.gov and after speaking with someone in the permit office I was informed that they don’t override street signs. A manager is supposed to be calling me back to discuss options. I do not have alley access and am at a loss about what to do. Has anyone had to deal with a similar issue or have suggestions?”

Isn’t it possible to park in the alley behind the house, or that’s too far away from the actual house? Has anyone dealt with a situation like this before?


Subscribe to our mailing list