Old City Green is having their 2nd Annual Lamb Roast to benefit So Others May Eat (SOME) on Sat. Sept. 11th from 6-9pm at the corner of 9th & N streets NW. The suggested donation is $22. They request that you RSVP by this evening.
From an email:
“The Friends of 16th St Heights Parks invites you to our 3rd annual fundraiser and cocktail party on September 25th from 6:30 – 9:30 at the Intown Uptown Inn on 14th St!
Did you enjoy any of these activities this past year all brought to you by the Friends of the 16th St. Heights Parks?
Continues after the jump.
* Saturday Morning Programs at Hamilton Rec Center
* The Valentine’s Dance
* The Spring Fling at Hamilton Park
* The Fall Fiesta at Upshur Park
* The Easter Egg Hunt at Upshur Park (cosponsored with the 16th St. Heights Neighborhood Association)
* The Pool Party at Upshur Pool (cosponsored with Muriel Bowser, ANC4C and DC Department of Parks and Recreation)
And how about all of the improvements happening at Hamilton and Upshur Parks?!
* The Shade Structure at Upshur Pool (Yes, we definitely need a few more!)
* The pool lounge chairs
* The Dog Park at Upshur Park — Groundbreaking was August 3rd!
* The New Playground at Upshur Park — Groundbreaking is September 8th!
* The Tot Garden at Hamilton Park — Groundbreaking will be this Fall!
* Ongoing clean-ups at both parks
In addition to the good work that The Friends of 16th St. Heights Parks has done through our partnership with the DC Department of Parks and Recreation, we have also been working with Greater DC Cares, Capitol City Little League, Urban Soccer Initiative, to bring even more improvements to our parks. We are also proud to note that our organization sponsored buses for the children who attend the FREE DPR summer camp at Hamilton and Upshur Parks so that they could take two field trips,
If you would like to see these types of events and improvements continue at Upshur and Hamilton Parks, then please show your support by attending our fundraiser on September 25th! Join friends and neighbors at the beautiful Intown Uptown Inn and enjoy great food provided by Fusion Indian Restaurant and drink provided by Cork-N-Bottle. And we have some really fantastic auction items this year, including a stay at a house in Brazil, a villa in Belize (sleeps 12!), an Inn in Jackson Hole, 5 nights at the Marriott Waikiki Resort and cocktails with the DC Housewives cast!
Tickets (1 for $40 and two for $75) can be purchased online, or donations can be made, at our website at http://friendsof16thstreetparks.org/. Please contact Carrie Beaudreau at [email protected] if you have any questions about tickets, or Jean Badalamenti at [email protected] or Maria Barry at [email protected] if you are interested in sponsoring the event. We hope to see you on September 25th!”