I recently got a press release about the Men’s Journal‘s 76 Best Places to Drink a Beer in America. This reminded me of my own arbitrarily picked best places to drink a beer in the District of Columbia.
In no particular order:
1. Cantina Marina because I like boats and Budweiser.
2. Meridian Pint (and all the Pint family) because I like good beer too.
3. Churchkey (see above.)
4. The Pug because I like to curse and watch local sports.
5. Solly’s (see above.) Ed. Note: Happy 10 years again!!
6. Dew Drop Inn because I like trains and bric a brac.
7. Bluejacket because I like baseball.
8. Nanny O’Briens because I like drinking local and I’m addicted to their mustard based wings. Ed. Note: Best (non Korean style) wings in DC.
9. The Blaguard because I like the Burgundy and Gold.
10. Dacha because I like drinking outside.
11. Red Derby because I like drinking on Roof decks (and it is also convenient to another favorite of mine, Lyman’s Tavern, located next door.)
12. Boundary Stone because I occasionally like to drink good whiskey after my beer.
13. Satellite Room because I like the 9:30 Club.
14. Looking Glass Lounge because Georgia Ave is where it’s at (also neighbors Walters and DC Reynolds)
15. Ivy and Coney because I like people with good senses of humor, retractable roof decks and dirt.
16. Lost & Found because I like good bartenders.
17. Rustik because I remember how much pain they went through before opening. I also like pizza.
18. Petworth Citizen because I like books.
19. The Raven because I like kicking it old school from time to time.
20. Lucky Bar because I like soccer and my memories of dollar beer on Thursday nights.
Ed. Note: I really have a list of 40 but market research has told me that people stop reading after 20 so stay tuned for part two and/or my 20 favorite spots for getting a meal on the run and/or many more arbitrary proclamations.