3 Comment

  • They’re called finials. (I swear that’s the only architectural term I’ve been able to remember since moving to DC!)

  • Correct…these are finials. Just a decorative element found on top of a turret. A lightning rod is not decorative, and is grounded.

  • lived on this block for a few years and loved the paint job, but never noticed that up top! also of note are their planters painted to match the trim.

Comments are closed.