1733 14th Street, NW at Riggs photo by Meggina Muñoz
From a press release:
“Tthe new Amazon Fresh grocery store in Washington, D.C. will open to the public on Thursday, July 22 at 7 a.m. The new Logan Circle store is the second Amazon Fresh store to open in the greater Washington, D.C. area and the first store in the region to use Just Walk Out technology, which offers customers the convenience of skipping the checkout line.
Our Just Walk Out technology enables customers to come into the store, grab what they want, and just walk out. Upon entering the store, all customers have to do is scan the QR code in their Amazon app. Customers can then put their phone away and shop like normal. Anything they take off the shelf is automatically added to their virtual cart, and anything they put back on the shelf comes out of their virtual cart. At the end of their trip, customers simply exit the store.
This new Logan Circle store follows the opening of the first Amazon Fresh store in the Washington, D.C. area–in Franconia, Virginia–just two months ago, and is the 15th Amazon Fresh store to open across the country. Customers shopping Amazon Fresh can find low prices on a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, seafood, and a range of delicious prepared foods.
We’re thrilled to open a new, low-priced grocery store in the community. We’re also proud to support the community by creating new high-quality local jobs and by donating surplus food from the Amazon Fresh store to local food banks.
Amazon Fresh Store in Logan Circle, Washington, D.C.
– Address: 1733 14th St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20009
– Store Hours: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Daily
– Square Footage: 7,302 total square feet
– Just Walk Out: Just Walk Out technology is made possible by a combination of computer vision, sensor fusion, and deep learning, and adds convenience to customers’ grocery shopping experience by giving them the option to come in, pick up what they want, and skip the checkout when they’re done.
– Selection: Amazon Fresh offers everything customers want from a neighborhood grocery store, including a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat and seafood, as well as a range of delicious prepared foods–all available at low prices, every day. We offer national brands like Coca-Cola and Kraft Mac and Cheese; local brands like Bread Furst Bakery and Taharka Brothers Ice Cream; regional favorites like CAVA dips; and new Amazon exclusive brands like Aplenty, Fresh and Cursive.”
From an email: “Starting this weekend, all Duke’s locations will be offering a bottomless “Tea Time” from 3-6PM which will include all-you-can-drink Hot Toddies, Irish Coffees, Espresso Martinis, and Bourbon…
Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Hawks*** around Town. You can email your sightings to [email protected] Thanks to KW for sending above…
photo by Tim Brown “Dear PoPville, With the playoffs approaching I am wondering if there are any good bars to watch baseball in the DMV? Specifically, I am wondering if…
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…