This rental is located at New Jersey Avenue NW near R St NW. The Craigslist ad says:
“$3,000 / 2br – 1100ft2 – Gorgeous Shaw Light-filled 2BD/2BA w/ Parking Spot (Shaw/Truxton Circle)
My husband and I are leaving DC and are very sad to give up this light-filled gem of a row home in Shaw. We’ve lived here 5 years and have loved every minute. I’ve really never seen another rental in this neighborhood at this price with this much tasteful character, space, and amenities (washer dryer in unit, dedicated parking spot, outdoor space, etc.). The neighborhood is great – tons of restaurants doing safe outdoor dining, friendly neighbors, and walking distance to basically anything you would need/want.
You’d sign a new lease with our landlord (who is wonderful). Looking for someone to move in at the start of November. Please contact me (Rachel) with serious inquiries only, and include a note about yourself and your interest in the place. Happy to arrange a virtual tour. Thanks!
More about the place:
– The master bedroom is very spacious – enough room as you’ll see for me to have put my peloton bike when COVID-19 hit. The windows lining the room are beautiful to wake up to. For reference, we have a queen bed in the photos, but a king would work really well also. The master has a mirrored walk-in closet and an en-suite full bathroom.
– The second bedroom we have used as a guest room/office, but it could easily be one or the either instead of a hybrid. It has a nook with a window – perfect for a comfy reading chat or for a bed (can fit a full size). Guests have loved staying there, and it has been so nice for us to use it as a home office, especially with working remotely full time now. The second full bathroom in the house is just a few feet down the hall.
– The main room, which you’ll see from the photos, has an incredible open floor plan with more than enough space to have distinct areas – kitchen, dining, living room. Kitchen has a gas stove, nice appliances, dishwasher, large sink, etc. With windows on all sides (facing east and south), beautiful exposed brick, a skylight in the kitchen, and super high ceilings, this place has been such a breath of fresh air for us during quarantine. We even had the space to put gym equipment in the main room to help us stay sane.
– The outdoor area has room for some outdoor furniture if you’d like.
– We are located on the second floor of a large row house that has a great Thai restaurant on the first floor. It’s super convenient and they are great neighbors. There is a separate entry which we’ve shown in the photos. Also, if you’re into good sound for music and tv, noise isn’t a problem at all – the neighbors don’t hear it.
– Dedicated off-street parking spot next to the house; 6-7 min walk to Shaw/Howard metro; tons of bus lines; capitol bike share right in front of our house; walkable to pretty much everywhere.
Tenant pays gas and electric (water and trash are paid by landlord). Small pets may be allowed.”
Ed. Note: PoPville is not affiliated with any ‘Rental of the Day’ properties. Rent at your own risk and proceed with caution as you would with all Craigslist listings.