From an email:
“The retailers on the 800 block of Upshur Street, NW have planned all day on Saturday, August 17th, which coincides with the 50th anniversary of Woodstock weekend.
Dubbed The Summer of Love on Uphsur, we are each offering the following perks:
Woodstock at Willow
– Take 69 percent off all items on the sale rack
– Enjoy Abita Purple Haze beer and an Electric Koolaid cocktail as you shop
– Catch the Woodstock movie, which will be screened all weekend
– Plus a Woodstock-themed window display!
Peace and Love at Lulabelle’s
– Peace Sign Lollipops and Tie Dye T-shirt cookies will be on offer
– And grab a free peace sign tattoo!
I Love to Thrift Sale at Fia’s Fabulous Finds
– Take 50 percent off summer apparel
– Plus 20 percent off pre-fall designs (excluding designer brands)
– And you’ll have a chance to tell the world why you love to thrift on a collaborative public art display
Summer Lovin’ at She Loves Me
– Throughout the store we’ll be hiding love notes good for 5, 10, 20, or — just one! — 50 percent off any one item. Excludes art.
– Sip a Love Potion Number 9 punch as you browse
– Plus vintage love songs pumping throughout the day.
Summer of ’69 at Loyalty Books
– Take 69% off our sale cart and table
– Loyalty Members save 20% off store wide
– Favorite 60s tunes playing throughout the day
– And tie dye cookies as a free treat!”