From an email:
“The retailers on the 800 block of Upshur Street, NW have planned all day on Saturday, August 17th, which coincides with the 50th anniversary of Woodstock weekend.
Dubbed The Summer of Love on Uphsur, we are each offering the following perks:
Woodstock at Willow
– Take 69 percent off all items on the sale rack
– Enjoy Abita Purple Haze beer and an Electric Koolaid cocktail as you shop
– Catch the Woodstock movie, which will be screened all weekend
– Plus a Woodstock-themed window display!
Peace and Love at Lulabelle’s
– Peace Sign Lollipops and Tie Dye T-shirt cookies will be on offer
– And grab a free peace sign tattoo!
I Love to Thrift Sale at Fia’s Fabulous Finds
– Take 50 percent off summer apparel
– Plus 20 percent off pre-fall designs (excluding designer brands)
– And you’ll have a chance to tell the world why you love to thrift on a collaborative public art display
Summer Lovin’ at She Loves Me
– Throughout the store we’ll be hiding love notes good for 5, 10, 20, or — just one! — 50 percent off any one item. Excludes art.
– Sip a Love Potion Number 9 punch as you browse
– Plus vintage love songs pumping throughout the day.
Summer of ’69 at Loyalty Books
– Take 69% off our sale cart and table
– Loyalty Members save 20% off store wide
– Favorite 60s tunes playing throughout the day
– And tie dye cookies as a free treat!”
12th and Quincy NE Thanks to John for sending the update on Cool Coffee Co coming to Brookland. Stay tuned.
photo by chasingmailboxes You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may have….
via google maps From MPD around Midnight: “Alert: Shooting Investigation in the 1300 block of H Street N.E. Lookout for black, male, 5’7″, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, last seen…
1336 U Street, NW previously home to Newtown (and Tabaq before them) “Welcome to Hawthorne, a four-story bar and DJ-focused venue at the intersection of 14th & U Streets with…
District Cutlery is celebrating their 10th and 11th anniversaries this week (we forgot last year) and offering customers 25% off all sharpening services. Walk-in service at Union Market is welcome or you can make arrangements for mail-in service on their website. Typical turn-around is less than an hour (but sometimes the queue gets long).
DMV’s professional chefs and passionate home cooks have trusted the District Cutlery with their knives for over 10 years. You can see pictures of their work @districtcutlery Instagram. They also specialize in sharpening styling shears, scissors and smaller garden tools and axes.
Girls in Gear is a Non-Profit that teaches girls age 5+ life skills through bike skills. We aim to get your girl to fall in love with herself, her friends, and her bike! Registration is open across the DMV for our eight-week program that starts the weekend of September 23rd. Programming runs for 90 minutes once a week on a weekend morning.
All abilities of riders – balance bikes, training wheels, two wheels, road-bike pros and everything in between – are welcome. We are non-competitive and focus on having fun no matter what your level of riding is. We pride ourselves in being a low-cost program and also have a no-questions-asked scholarship policy that includes bikes and helmets if needed.
DMV Sites Fall 2023:
🎟 One Night Only! Exclusive Comedy Taping! 🎟
Get ready for a night of laughter at the iconic Kelly’s Irish Times, just steps from Union Station. Join us for a one-night-only event as our headliner records and retires his best