From Mess Hall:
“Mess Hall (703 Edgewood Street, NE) – Washington DC’s premiere food incubator based in Edgewood, is pleased to present “Ramen World 5.”
Once a year, Mess Hall opens its event space AND its private kitchens to host DC’s favorite Asian food concepts. The uniquely designed space enables attendees to go behind the scenes and enjoy dishes that are prepared hot and fresh in front of them, as ramen should be served.
This Year’s ALL NEW #Ramen Lineup:
- Bad Saint – Chef Tom Cunanan makes his Ramen World debut with a bowl inspired by the “richly compelling” Filipino flavors that landed him the #2 spot on Bon Appetit’s Best New Restaurants list.
- Himitsu – Chef Kevin Tien (James Beard nominee) infuses his ramen with notes from the top rated restaurant co-owned with Carlie Steiner -expect anything but traditional bowl.
- Hatoba – Chef Katsuya Fukushima (Daikaya, Bantam King, Haikan) and his team provide an exclusive sneak peek into flavors from their newest concept, coming soon to Navy Yard.
- Paper Horse – Ramen Powerhouse Erik Bruner-Yang (famed founder of Maketto, Brothers & Sisters, and Toki Underground) shows off his innovative ramen concept, available at both the H Street & Foggy Bottom Whole Foods locations.
- Fat Nomads – DC’s favorite wandering Asian foodies bring their passion & creativity to Ramen World for the first time.
- Uzu – Chef Hiroaki Mitsui will feature the shoyu & miso varieties that have made his Union Market stall a cult favorite.
- PhoWheels – Chef Huy Nguyen’s food truck will be outside serving up their infamous steaming bowls to keep us toasty.
- Momo Yakitori – A Mess Hall neighborhood favorite! Chef Andrew Chiou will be serving up dessert cooked over Japanese carcoals.
- NOMAD DUMPLiNGS – Mess Hall Member Karen Hoefener returns with her colorful & creatively filled dumplings and boozy dipping sauces.
- Matsukawaya Roho – DC’s favorite Japanese confectionary will be back with their delectable sweets.
- Kombini – Mess Hall’s newest members will offer their modern twist on traditional onigiri snacks.
The highly-anticipated event will take place on Sunday, February 24th, 2019. Two time-slots will be offered for the event, with the first round beginning at Noon and ending at 2:00PM. There will be a break for chefs to reset and restock, before resuming Round 2 which will begin promptly at 3:00PM and will end at 5:00PM.
Tickets ($75-$120) go on sale January 31st at 12 pm via Eventbrite and include unlimited food, Kirin Ichiban, and Suntory cocktails prepared by popular DC mixologists including the Daikaya Group’s beverage director, Monica Lee, and bartender extraordinaire and man-about-town, Eddie Kim. Eventgoers will also take home bottles of San-J Tamari SoySauce or Marinades.
A portion of the Proceeds along with Donations collected during this event will go to Ramen World’s charitable partner Capital Area Food Bank.
Additional surprise participants may be announced at a later date.”
Thanks to Sean for sending: “Spotted at the Wisconsin Ave TJs on Sunday afternoon. I parked next to this van from NY and didn’t even noticed the Saran Wrap until…