Photo by PoPville flickr user Eric P.
From an email:
“Please join us on Jan. 31 from 5-8 pm to learn more about how you can design, permit, finance and build your accessory apartment.
This workshop is brought to you by Coalition for Smarter Growth, United Planning Organization and DC ADU Workgroup, and sponsored by Wall to Wall Construction.
DC homeowner workshop on how to plan and build your accessory apartment
January 31, 2019
District Architecture Center
421 7th St NW, Washington, DC (Gallery Place/Archives Metro)
5 pm – 6 pm – Open House – ask a professional about your ADU idea or plans
Come at 5 pm to talk to an architect, general contractor, zoning or finance expert. If available bring the following: (1) a printout of your address’ zoning report (http://maps.dcoz.dc.gov/zr16/
6 pm- 8 pm – Presentations & Discussion
- hear from DCRA & zoning experts about zoning for ADUs
- learn from architects about the design and permitting process
- hear from an experienced contractor about the construction process and how to work with a General Contractor
- understand the financing options for your project
- get your questions answered – submit your questions HERE so we have them ahead of time.”