Support

Real Estate Fresh Finds: June 20

Real Estate Fresh Finds is a weekly selection of newly-listed properties in the District, brought to you by Real Living At Home.

It’s another Wednesday and another week of 200+ new listings on the market which is good because we’re so short on inventory. Sit back and avoid doing some real work by checking out our suggested Fresh Finds below:

  • If you ever thought that the 1% has better taste than the other 99%, this $5.5M Most Expensive Home of the Week proves that wrong with different (and bizarre) wall patterns in every room–the only thing missing is a Twin Peaks Red Room.
  • A 3 bed/3.5 bath Petworth row home with over 2,000 total finished square feet and includes both off-street parking and a rear patio.
  • “Supersized studio in rarely available [DC] Best Addresses building” has a much more convenient floor plan than most studios in the district.
  • Your REO/Bank-Owned Property of the Week is one of those very rare, not trashed or dilapidated SFHs, but the downside is it’s listed at a typical DC row home price.
  • It looks like a tudor from the front, condo building from the back and an outdated headache on the inside, but this Most Interesting Listing of the Week could become much more interesting with the right vision and appreciation of the unique.

Recent Stories

Thanks to Loretta for sending from Brookland. Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Hawks*** around Town. You can email your sightings to…

photo by Robert Lintott From Destination DC: “More people visited Washington, DC in 2023 than ever before, Destination DC (DDC), the official destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, announced…

Magnificent news from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo: “Giant pandas are returning to Washington D.C.! As part of our 52-year-old conservation partnership with the China Wildlife Conservation Association, we’re getting ready…

photo by Collins Thanks to Collins for sending earlier this morning: “Seen on the corner of 18th st and mass ave.”

Karen joined the Well-Paid Maids team as a cleaner in January 2021, and she was recently promoted to an operations manager! This well-deserved promotion is part of Well-Paid Maids’ effort to deliver better customer service with responses to phone calls and emails seven days a week.

To celebrate Karen’s promotion, we caught up with her to learn more about her time at Well-Paid Maids, the area’s only certified living-wage cleaning company.

 1. Why Well-Paid Maids?

Karen: I saw the company was paying a living wage and had great benefits. Also, they were very flexible with my schedule, especially since I have kids.

Read More

Submit your own Announcement here.

The Potomac Roasting Company is stocked with excellent coffee to meet almost any palate. But that’s not the only good news. We now offer free shipping for orders over $35.

The Potomac Roasting Company is a local micro-roaster specializing in artisan coffee. We precision roast high-quality beans sourced from small farms in Latin America and Africa that are owned and operated by women. We will make sure that your coffee is roasted the way you want it and delivered fresh.

Our newest coffee comes from Mbozi, Tanzania. We secured a shipment just before this small batch of delicious beans sold out. In Swahili, Usawa means balance and Kahawa means coffee. The beans are grown on small farms that are part of a cooperative promoting gender equity and market access for women. This is a smooth and balanced coffee that is sure to please.

We also received coffee shipments that were delayed following the tragic collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge. That includes the most recent harvest of La Morena coffee beans from Huehuetenango, Guatemala. We have plenty in stock, so that you can stock up! Rounding out our specialty coffee choices are fresh roasts from prime coffee-producing regions of Colombia and Peru.

Read More

Submit your own Announcement here.

Open Sunday

4125 7th Street NW.

Open Sunday 1-4

Renovations in 2023 (new kitchen in in-law suite and separate washer/dryer for main house). Loads of space, spread out all over this 4-level, 4-bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home. Meticulously renovated this year without losing

Bethesda’s Outdoor Movies

The Bethesda Urban Partnership will present the 20th annual Bethesda Outdoor Movies: Stars on the Avenue on July 26, August 2 and August 9, 2024. Three evenings of major motion pictures in various genres will be showcased, including new releases,

×

Subscribe to our mailing list