“Sunday, September 10, 2017 | 12PM – 6PM
JOIN US FOR our all-volunteer, grassroots celebration of Adams Morgan’s eclectic history, culture, businesses, and residents at ADAMS MORGAN DAY 2017 on Sunday, September 10.
Now in its 39th year, Adams Morgan Day is Washington’s longest running neighborhood festival. Adams Morgan Day 2017 will be a family-friendly celebration with music, art and activities for all ages. We welcome residents and visitors alike to meet our neighborhood businesses, artists and service organizations.”
Check out the full line up here and below.
Columbia Rd Stage
Presented by Songbyrd Music House and Record Cafe
12:00 p.m. NAH.
1:00 p.m. DC Mayor Bowser with DC Police Chief Newsham
1:15 p.m. The Scotch Bonnets
2:15 p.m. Names
3:15 p.m. Batala
4:00 p.m. Boomscat
5:00 p.m. Dupont Brass
Kalorama Rd Stage
Presented by GrowClub DC
12:00 p.m. JDvbbs
12:30 p.m. DJ Osiris and DJ Stim
1:30 p.m. Yink
2:00 p.m. MINT Power Playground HIIT Class
2:30 p.m. Lola Zo
3:00 p.m. Karaoke with Peyote Cafe
4:00 p.m. Summer Knight, Show Director and Hostess of the Famous Perry’s Drag Brunch (every Sunday for over 23 years!!) and the Divas of Perry’s
4:30 p.m. Spaz
5:00 p.m. Tuffy
5:30 p.m. Joan Monroe
A SAMLING OF THE FUN
Artists’ Alley – Live and Interactive
More than 70 Vendors
Kids’ Fun Zone, Art Project and Scavenger Hunt
DIY T-shirt Tie Dye
DIY Dog Wash Discounts
Boot Camp Class by MINT
Cuban Art Exhibit Enjoyed with a Good Cigar
All are free, unless otherwise indicated.
Kid’s Area Activities (in the alley by the parking garage)
Sponsored by the Fund for Kalorama and all donors to Adams Morgan Day
“Draw What You Love About Adams Morgan”
Kids and families will draw what they love about Adams Morgan with art supplies, on a wall covered with butcher paper.
“Adams Morgan Scavenger Hunt”
Kids will take selfies at a list of locations in the Adams Morgan Neighborhood and receive a prize for successful completion of the scavenger hunt.
· Hear Mayor Bowser speak at the Columbia Rd Stage (at 18th Street & Columbia Rd.) at 12:55 p.m.
· Life-size Jenga, Connect 4 and Corn Hole in the kids’ area, sponsored by the Fund for Kalorama at the parking garage drive next to Little Shop of Flowers
· Check out the new playground at Marie Reed and learn about their renovation, staff and PTA members will answer questions from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
· Live interactive arts in Artists’ Alley, organized by Josue Martinez of Corinto Gallery, on the alley behind SunTrust Plaza
· Tie dye tee-shirts on the porch at The Blaguard (fee required)
· Boot camp provided by MINT Health Clubs & Studios at 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 pm, near Kalorama and 18th
· Corn Hole and Connect 4 competitions downstairs at Songbyrd, every hour winners will get called for free records and other swag.
· Bedrock Billiards will offer free pool between noon and 6 and will sponsor free board games on SunTrust Plaza
· BBQ bingo from 3pm-5pm in the basement at Smoke and Barrel, winners can look forward to BBQ prizes and smoked wings, brisket, nachos and other BBQ treats
· DIY dog washes (discounted fee required) and free doggie swag for everyone at Fur-Get-Me-Not
· Pleasant Pops, in partnership with Zora & Amelia, hosts a pop up shop for gifts for little feminists, and celebrates their 5-year anniversary in Adams Morgan with arts and crafts for kids, a giant birthday cake, and free giveaways
· Cuba Cuba hosts an art exhibit enjoyed with a good cigar on their Guantanamera patio (fee for cigar)
· Free blood pressure check and giveaways at the new Kalorama Pharmacy
· Karaoke with Peyote Café on the Kalorama Rd Stage at 3:00 p.m., followed by Summer Knight, Show Director and Hostess of the Famous Perry’s Drag Brunch (every Sunday for over 23 years!!), and the Divas of Perry’s, at 4:00 p.m.”