Woodridge (not to be confused with its VA counterpart WoodBRIDGE) is a neighborhood that doesn’t get much attention as a DC destination. The unassuming residential vibe of the neighborhood is one of the features that attracts residents to the quiet tree lined streets and numerous parks.
Location: Northeast DC, along the Maryland border of Eastern Ave, west of Brookland with Rhode Island Ave running through the middle.
Why it’s great:
- Single family homes, with yards, and alleys = the best of both urban/suburban living
- 5 miles from downtown!
- Barnard Hill Park: one of the lesser known Fort Circle parks, while it lacks a website you can’t miss the large grassy expanse.
- DC Brau: DC’s first craft brewery which recently celebrated it’s 5 year anniversary
- Community centric, spirit of neighbors helping neighbors. Check out Good Food Markets from Oasis Community Partners, helping to minimize inequalities in access to food.
- Home to one of the few DC Rita’s water ice locations
What’s in the future:
- With its wide sidewalks and commercial zoning, Rhode Island Avenue is a prime location for new restaurants
- For more on Rhode Island Avenue Corridor development, aka RIA, check out this awesome resource from Friends of RIA
- Revitalization of Rhode Island Avenue Main Street
Ready to move to Woodridge? Here are a few available options:
Or check out all active listings in Woodridge here
For more on the Woodbridge neighborhood, read our full neighborhood profile here