600 H Street, NE
From Whole Foods:
“Whole Foods Market will open its sixth location in the District of Columbia – and first store in Northeast – at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 15. The community is invited to join store team members and company leaders at 8:45 a.m. for Whole Foods Market’s traditional bread-breaking ceremony. Opening day shoppers will be greeted with door-buster deals and an array of in-store product demonstrations and samples.
“I’m excited to introduce the Whole Foods Market difference to our neighbors who live east of the Capitol,” said store team leader Donovan Morris, referring to the Quality Standards which are applied to every product sold or prepared by Whole Foods Market. “When people understand that every single item on our shelves and sold in our restaurants is free of artificial preservatives, flavors, sweeteners, colors and hydrogenated fats, they can trust that every product is made with only the best ingredients.”
The H Street location will offer:
· Exclusive items such as sauces and spice blends from Maketto, Cava’s in-restaurant sauces bottled to take home, DC-based Snacklins’ vegan “pork rinds” and an exclusive collaboration beer from Atlas Brew Works.
· Dozens of local favorites throughout the store including Brainfood Homegrown popcorn, Dolcezza and Milk Cult ice-creams, cold brew from Confluence Coffee Co. and Junius Cold Brew, RunningByrd Teas, Capital Kombucha and Oh-Mazing Granola, just to name a few.
· The first expansion of Chef Erik Bruner-Yang’s Paper Horse concept, launched last year at Whole Foods Market’s Foggy Bottom store, featuring expanded Chinese diner-style style mains and sides, in addition to his famous noodles.
The in-store mezzanine pub has 16 beers on tap and wine by the glass, along with an eclectic menu featuring gourmet hot dogs, Raclette and charcuterie trays.
Shoppers can enjoy gourmet coffees and freshly made juices in the store’s café seating area or on the outside patio. Made-in-house prepared foods options include self-serve wood-fired pizza, sushi and an extensive salad bar.
As part of Whole Foods Market’s commitment to local communities, the H Street store opening will support three organizations:
· Atlas Performing Arts Center, a community-centered venue for theater, music and dance located just down the street from the store will receive a check on opening day representing donations from the community members who came out for preview tours Sunday and a matching gift from Whole Foods Market.
· Words Beats and Life, which advocates for the transformative power of hip-hop culture in all its artistic forms, will be the beneficiary of 5 percent of sales from all DC stores on March 22nd.
· City Dogs Rescue & City Kitties, an organization that rescues adoptable cats and dogs in overcrowded and high-kill shelters, will be the store’s first “Nickels for Nonprofits” recipient. Whole Foods Market will donate a nickel each time a customer uses a reusable bag (instead of paper) to shop.
The store will be open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. at 600 H Street NE, in Washington, DC.”