From a press release:
“SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26TH
ROUND 1 from NOON – 2:00PM //\\ ROUND 2 from 3:00PM – 5:00PM
DC Ramen Revolutionaries Return, With New DC Artisans Added to the Line-Up.
Mess Hall Washington DC’s premiere food incubator based in Edgewood, is pleased to present ‘Ramen World 3.’
Once a year, Mess Hall opens its event space AND its private kitchens to host DC’s favorite Asian food concepts. The uniquely designed space enables attendees to go behind the scenes and enjoy dishes that are prepared hot and fresh in front of them, as ramen should be served.
“We take a bunch of hot restaurants with hard-to-get reservations and long lines, and we put them under one roof; but that’s only half the story,” said Al Goldberg, founder of Mess Hall. “Next, we identify a bunch of up-and-comers and put them right alongside the big names. This embodies our core values, we are constantly finding new ways to help launch talented chefs. The result: emerging concepts catch the buzz and sometimes, they even create the most popular dishes of the day. Flash back to Ramen World 1 which featured a fledgling Thip Khao. Likewise, Ramen World 2 gave DC its very first slurp of Bantam King and a sneak preview of Toli Moli. We do what we can to broaden the DC food scene; that involves connecting chefs, restaurants, Mess Hall’s producers, and he public.”
Ramen World 3 will highlight an incredible new lineup.
This Year’s #RamenMasters:
Sushi Taro – Michelin Star restaurant featuring Chef Nobu Yamazaki in a rare appearance!
· Haikan – Ultra popular Ramen House recently opened in the Atlantic Plumbing Building and has had long lines since day-one.
· Paper Horse – Ramen powerhouse Erik Bruner Yang’s newest concept, soon to open its H Street Corridor location within Whole Foods Market.
· Alfie’s – Alex McCoy’s Georgia Avenue joint which highlights his bold culinary talent and SE Asian flare.
· Thip Khao – Michelin Bib Gourmand and Bon Appetite Mag top 50 Best New Restaurants. Lao food. It’s a thing.
· PhoWheels – The King of #foodporn will be parked in front serving from its kick-ass #foodtruck.
· Cassava Bubble Tea – Mess Hall’s newest Member – undoubtedly the best Boba in DC.
The highly-anticipated event will take place on Sunday, February 26th, 2016. Two timeslots will be offered for the event, with the first round beginning at Noon and ending at 2:00PM. There will be a break for chefs to reset and restock, before resuming Round 2 which will begin promptly at 3:00PM and will end at 5:00PM. Tickets ($70-$105) go on sale February 9 at noon via Eventbrite and include unlimited food, Kirin Ichiban and Suntory Whiskey, among other craft cocktails prepared by popular DC bartenders.
Donations collected during this event will go to Ramen World’s charitable partner Miriam’s Kitchen, Mess Hall’s favorite ‘Soup Kitchen.’
Additional surprise participants will be announced at a later date. “