The Colonel rendering at 1250 9th Street, NW courtesy Oculus
You can see the prices here (prices range from $2,035 for a studio to $3,960 for a 2 bed/2 bath).
From a press release:
“Symbolizing a milestone in the rapid transformation of Washington, DC’s Shaw neighborhood, The Colonel at 1250 9th Street, NW is nearing completion. Oculus Realty has begun leasing 70 new luxury apartments, ranging from studios to a two-level penthouse. This five-floor, 64,500 square foot building at the corner of 9th and N Streets, NW includes 8,500 SF of street-level retail space.
“This boutique development, like the surrounding neighborhood was named after Civil War Colonel Robert Gould Shaw, who commanded the US Army’s first African American regiment in 1863,” said K. David Meit, CPM® of Oculus Realty, which is leasing and managing the project. “The Colonel offers residents such sought-after amenities as a courtyard with outdoor fireplace, rooftop deck with fire pit, catering kitchen, home theater, garage parking, and controlled access bike room.”
The Colonel’s 70 apartments include 46 one-bedroom units, nine two-bedroom units, and 15 studios and efficiencies. There is one townhouse, several lofts, and many apartments with balconies or terraces. All residences feature nine-foot ceilings, custom cabinetry, ensuite laundry equipment, and GE Artistry appliances. The Colonel is pet-friendly and accepts large breeds (up to 80 pounds).
Three of Washington’s most creative urban developers teamed to develop The Colonel beginning almost four years ago. Douglas Development owned the corner lot at 901 N Street, NW, with a vacant building originally built in 1923. This historic low-rise building housed an automotive repair and supply shop through the 1970s and later hosted apartment dwellers, an urban nursery, and even an underground party venue with indoor skateboarding called “Fight Club.”
In late 2011, CAS Riegler and CityInterests acquired the adjacent L-shaped lot at 1250 9th Street, and then partnered with Douglas Development to combine the two contiguous land parcels and plan a mixed-use development. The Colonel preserves and incorporates the historic building with new construction, subtly balancing historic and modern design elements. PGN Architects of Washington, DC was the project architect.”