2427 18th Street, NW
From an email:
“The Black Squirrel’s Sixth Annual Smashing Pumpkin Beer Fest commences Friday, October 3rd, starting at 5pm. Join the Squirrel for a night stuffed with all things pumpkin.
Pumpkin beers will be flowing on 15 of the 57 tap lines, featuring the following line-up:
· 21st Amendment He Said Pumpkin Belgian Triple (8.2%, San Francisco, California)
· Ace Hard Pumpkin Cider (5%, Sebastopol, California)
· DC Brau/Epic Fermentation Without Representation (8%, Denver, Colorado)
· Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin Ale (5.9%, Seattle, Washington)
· Elysian Punkaccino Coffee and Pumpkin Brown Ale (5%, Seattle, Washington)
· Elysian Dark O’ the Moon Pumpkin Stout (6.5%, Seattle, Washington)
· New Holland Ichabod Ale (4.8%, Holland, Michigan)
· 2012 Hardywood Rum Pumpkin Barrel-Aged Ale (10%, 750mL bottle, Richmond, Virginia)
· Howe Sound Pumpkineater (8%, Squamish, British Columbia)
· Kasteel Inglemunster Pumpkin (8.5%, Ingelmunster, Belgium)
· RJ Rocker Gruntled Pumpkin Ale (7%, Spartanburg, South Carolina)
· Schlafly Pumpkin Ale (8%, St. Louis, Missouri)
· Southern Tier Pumking (8.6%, Lakewood, New York)
· The Bruery Autumn Maple (brewed with yams) (10%, Placentia, California)
· Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale (8%, Easton, Pennsylvania)
· Wolaver’s Organic Pumpkin Ale (5.35%, Middlebury, Vermont)
Treat yourself to the Chef’s pumpkin menu that includes: Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Sloppy Joes, Pumpkin Veggie Burgers, Pumpkin Mac and Cheese, Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Ice Cream Floats.
The celebration continues until the pumpkin stock is depleted. New pumpkins beers will be tapped throughout the fall season, so check back often. This is so much better than a pumpkin latte.”
“Jerónimos Monastery” Thanks to Reana for sending these great shots from Lisbon.
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share for the regular fix please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name…
Thanks to Michele Banks for sending this great shot from Kalorama. Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Last Christmas Tree in Town….
This rental is located at 821 Randolph Street, NW. The Craigslist ad says: “$3,300 / 3br – 1600ft2 – Live Large in Petworth 1 Blk from Metro (Petworth)