1063 Wisconsin Ave, NW
Sad news for Pleasure Place fans – in 2010 Pleasure Place closed in Dupont and now the Georgetown location has closed as well.
Also, some interesting developments across the canal from the closed Pleasure Place:
1055 High’s website says:
“An all new exquisitely appointed boutique condominium building overlooking the C&O Canal in the heart of Georgetown. Seven exceptionally large residences above two unique stores.
Rooted in the architectural vernacular of the area, 1055 High’s historic-industrial aesthetic is balanced by a collection of modern finishes, features, and amenities. The property’s name is similarly contextual – High Street was the name of what is now Wisconsin Avenue until 1895, when Congress mandated that Georgetown’s street names be changed.
– 3,300-4,300 Square Feet in Size
– Expansive Private Terraces
– Separate service entrances in each residence
– Three to four bedroom residences
– Spa inspired bathrooms
– European chef-designed kitchens
– Walls of oversized windows with Lutron Mecho Shades
– Multiple exposures with canal, urban and garden views
– Priced from $3MM to $5MM”
You can see the floor plans here.