Photo courtesy of Libertine
From an email:
“What time is it – why, it’s brunch time, with Lauren, who brings her pastry passion to Libertine Restaurant this Saturday, September 28th, starting at 10 a.m.
Lauren Whitledge lands with Libertine as the executive chef after stints at DC Coast Restaurant, the Liaison Hotel’s Art and Soul Restaurant and Ps7′s Restaurant. Whitledge has shown a remarkable versatility since joining Libertine last spring. She left her fingerprints on the specialty-cocktail and draft-cocktail menus at Libertine. She also developed Libertine’s brunch menu, which includes the following:
· Hash-brown casserole: Cheesy hash browns with country ham and two fried eggs.
· Maple Bacon Rolls: Gooey cinnamon maple rolls laced and topped with bacon.
· Stuffed French toast: Brioche toast sandwiched with dried strawberries and cream cheese.
· Chocolate Chip Silver Dollar Pancakes: Five little chocolate chip buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and crème fraiche.
· Buttermilk biscuits with eggs, ham and cheese.
· The pastries are made fresh daily, including blueberry muffins, pumpkin beignets, and chocolate chip cookies.
Whitledge also will be in command of the savory items on the menu:
· The Bistro Burger
· Salad Lyonnaise
· Spicy cilantro wings
· Shrimp Andouille and grits
Check back with us as Lauren’s brunch menu grows and changes with the seasons.
Brunch commences every Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 a.m.
2435 18th Street NW”
Yesterday there were 59,712 total positives. explore all the official D.C. data here From the Mayor’s Office: “The District’s reported data for September 21, 2021 includes 137 new positive coronavirus…
Thanks to Karl for sending the above from Dupont. And thanks to Dan for sending another beautiful boat:
Photos by Colleen Murphy Thanks to Colleen for sharing this: “Good advice found in the neighborhood”
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…