Photo by PoPville flickr user Mr. T in DC
From a press release:
Neighbors Asked to Plan Ahead: Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon to Close Streets
· Detours, access lanes and full closures listed at www.competitor.com/community
· Race will welcome 21,000 runners from all 50 states, benefits numerous charities
As the only marathon to run entirely through the streets of D.C., the SunTrust Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon & CareFirst Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half Marathon will welcome more than 21,000 runners to tour the sights and scenery of the city.
Saturday, March 17th
Neighbors and residents along the 13.1 and 26.2 mile race courses are encouraged to plan ahead and note road closures, parking restrictions and access points to navigate effectively on race day.
For a full list of closures, detours, access routes, an interactive map, and parking restrictions, please visit www.competitor.com/community.
Most closures will be in effect between 7:20 am and 12:45 pm, with streets opening on a rolling basis as the last participant passes. Roads directly adjacent to RFK Stadium near the start and finish of the race, will close between 12Midnight and 3:00 am. Major closures include:
· C Street NE Eastbound from 19th Street NE to North Carolina Avenue NE and from 22nd Street NE to 19th Street NE
· C Street from E. Capitol Street SE to 22nd Street NE
· E. Capitol Street SE from 13th Street SE to 2nd Street NE and Westbound from Minnesota Ave. to C. Street NE
· E Capitol Street NE from 22nd Street NE to 19th Street NE
· 9th Street Tunnel NW from Constitution Avenue NW to Maine Avenue SW
· Columbia Road NW from Connecticut Avenue NW to Harvard Street NW
· Constitution Avenue NW from 3rd Street NW to 20th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NE from 13th Street NE to North Carolina Avenue NE
· Anacostia Dr. SE from Douglass Bridge Access Road to Nicholson Street SE
· Minnesota Ave SE from L’Enfant Square SE to E. Capitol Street SE
From an email: “The DC area’s oldest (since 1987!) and biggest (41 households so far!) community yard sale is happening on Saturday (6/3, 9AM-1PM+) in Adams Morgan. (Our prior date…
Thanks to Libby for sending: “This little friend is bringing a lot of excitement to our block in Greater U Street!” Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to…
Ed. Note: If this was you, please email [email protected] so I can put you in touch with OP. “Dear PoPville, I tried to flirt with a guy at Service Bar…
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and…
Polishing • Plating • Repair
Cherry Blossom Healing Arts is Washington DC’s best acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic. Located in Woodley Park, DC, we practice integrative medicine and take a personalized approach to your healthcare needs. We have helped thousands of busy Washingtonians improve their health and quality of life through treatment in our clinic.
Cherry Blossom Healing Arts is delighted to announce Xudong Wang is joining our team as an associate acupuncturist and herbalist. She utilizes all modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) including acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxibustion, cupping, gua sha, TCM food therapy, and wellness planning to address a wide variety of health concerns. She is accepting new patients and you can schedule online with her by clicking here.
You deserve to feel better! We are here to support and guide you on your way to vibrant health. We also accept insurance and are open 7 days per week.
Neighbor to Neighbor Day
Learn, serve, and celebrate! Join A Wider Circle for Neighbor to Neighbor Day: a day of learning opportunities (including a panel discussion featuring WAMU’s Michael King and Morgan Baskin), special volunteer projects, plus carnival games, arts and crafts, delicious food
DCFR Pride Run 5K
Please join the DCFR Pride Run Foundation at their 11th annual Pride Run 5K at the Historical Congressional Cemetery on Friday, June 9, 2023. Registration is $55 and includes a commemorative t-shirt, finisher medal, after party with a live DJ,