Photo by PoPville flickr user Mr. T in DC
From a press release:
Neighbors Asked to Plan Ahead: Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon to Close Streets
· Detours, access lanes and full closures listed at www.competitor.com/community
· Race will welcome 21,000 runners from all 50 states, benefits numerous charities
As the only marathon to run entirely through the streets of D.C., the SunTrust Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon & CareFirst Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half Marathon will welcome more than 21,000 runners to tour the sights and scenery of the city.
Saturday, March 17th
Neighbors and residents along the 13.1 and 26.2 mile race courses are encouraged to plan ahead and note road closures, parking restrictions and access points to navigate effectively on race day.
For a full list of closures, detours, access routes, an interactive map, and parking restrictions, please visit www.competitor.com/community.
Most closures will be in effect between 7:20 am and 12:45 pm, with streets opening on a rolling basis as the last participant passes. Roads directly adjacent to RFK Stadium near the start and finish of the race, will close between 12Midnight and 3:00 am. Major closures include:
· C Street NE Eastbound from 19th Street NE to North Carolina Avenue NE and from 22nd Street NE to 19th Street NE
· C Street from E. Capitol Street SE to 22nd Street NE
· E. Capitol Street SE from 13th Street SE to 2nd Street NE and Westbound from Minnesota Ave. to C. Street NE
· E Capitol Street NE from 22nd Street NE to 19th Street NE
· 9th Street Tunnel NW from Constitution Avenue NW to Maine Avenue SW
· Columbia Road NW from Connecticut Avenue NW to Harvard Street NW
· Constitution Avenue NW from 3rd Street NW to 20th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NE from 13th Street NE to North Carolina Avenue NE
· Anacostia Dr. SE from Douglass Bridge Access Road to Nicholson Street SE
· Minnesota Ave SE from L’Enfant Square SE to E. Capitol Street SE