Photo courtesy of DC Bocce League
PoPville Warm-up to Spring Charity Tournament
Rooftop Tournament & Party Details
Saturday, April 14
1:00pm to 5:00pm
Highland Park Apartments rooftop
(above Columbia Heights Metro)
- Registration is $20/player and proceeds benefit St. Baldrick’s Foundation.
- Create your own team (4 player minimum) or sign up individually or in groups of less than 4 and we will find you a great team.
- Games are 30 minutes long and played to 10 points.
- The tournament is single elimination, with a Bear Pong losers bracket for all teams that get eliminated, so the merriment goes on!
- The winners are crowned Bocce Champs of PoPville and receive accolades, a charity donation to St. Baldrick’s Foundation in their name, and other lavish prizes (bar tabs or trophies perhaps?).
- Players receive official PoPville Charity Bocce Tourney t-shirt, beverages, party specials, and an epic spring day on the rooftop.
- A schedule and bracket will be sent out as the date approaches.
- Post-tourney party kicks off at 5:00pm at Acre 121 (just downstairs from the rooftop) with exclusive specials for players and friends, PLUS live music from “Route 42” singer-songwriter René Moffatt!
More Fun & Games!
In addition to bocce, the PoPville rooftop tournament includes music, movie projection of [lawn] bowling saga The Big Lebowski (among others), and buckets of Italian beer and DC Bocce League favorite, Peroni. Plus a post-tourney party at neighborhood bar Acre 121 for players and friends!
If you are new to bocce don’t worry, it’s easy to pick-up and learn on the fly and you can join us early at 12:30pm on the rooftop for a tutorial.
Also check out DC Bocce’s Spring Season, now open for registration through DC, MD, and VA! Sign up for our mailing list to stay up to date on all league happenings, announcements, happy hours and charity events.
Game Location and Directions
Games will be on the rooftop of Highland Park Apartments. Access will be granted to all PoPville tournament players and friends to enjoy the party!
And if you don’t have a team that’s ok, they’ll place you on one. Sign up here!
Update: “East metro access closed due to a shooting, the glass at the bus stop on NH is shattered out. Security guard in my building reported shooting” From MPD: “Alert:…
Peri sends above at 4:21pm. And Justin sends a photo closer to 5pm: “Car crash at Florida and 1stNE, aka DC’s worst intersection”
photos courtesy National Gallery of Art From the National Gallery of Art: “National Gallery Nights returns this fall, bringing lively, multisensory, themed programs to the East Building after hours on…
Thanks to Adam for sending this “pretty sweet vintage VW Pop-Top Camper in Rock Creek Park” Sweet City Ride is made possible by readers like you! Email your finds to…