Photo of 1st annual ebbit grill block party by flickr user A river runs through
The 2nd annual Ebbit Grill Block Party is June 19th this year. The organizers have been kind enough to give away 2 VIP Tickets to a PoP reader. So to win this contest I ask that you share the best festival you’ve ever attended and if you haven’t attended any good ones then share the best meal you’ve ever had. I’ll select the winner Monday night.
For those who don’t win you can get $10 off regular tickets if you use the following code:
“The promo code will be POPBLOCK2010 and will be good for $10 off each ticket purchase through the website through 6/16/10.”
Here’s a bit more info about the event from an email:
“It’s summer in the city and the sun’s out so it’s time to shut down G street and turn up the music. Join us as we push DC summertime into full swing! The 2nd Annual Ebbitt Block Party has quickly established itself as DC’s premiere street festival and tastiest cookout. We will be parking ourselves on the 1400 block of G street, paving the way for hours of non stop musical performances and sparking up the grills for signature Old Ebbitt Grill food and drink! Write the date down and sunscreen up, we can’t wait to see you there!
We are joined again this summer by our charitable partner, the DC Central Kitchen who will again be collecting canned or commercially packaged nuts and raisins, as well as can openers. Bring something to contribute and receive a free raffle ticket for each item!
The winner will receive 2 VIP tickets which include:
GA Block Party Ticket Includes …
* Entrance to the Premiere Cookout and Street Festival brought to you by the Old Ebbitt Grill
* 7 hours of live music
* 10 Performances by 6 bands on 3 stages
* Food and Drink tickets available for purchase at the Block Party please see Food + Drink sections on the website for more information
VIP Block Party Experience Includes All of the Above Plus…
* Unlimited food and drinks within the VIP Experience Lounge
* Designated VIP Will-Call line entrance
* Exclusive main stage viewing and reserved standing room
* Access to limited seating provided in the VIP Experience Lounge
With 3 stages, 6 bands, and 7 hours of music, the block is gonna rock! We’ll have 2 Street Stages as well as a Main stage. You’ll get a taste of Rock, Blues, Funk, Folk and more.”