Support Bloombars. From an email:
“On Thursday, July 2nd, “Friends of BloomBars” will host a fundraiser at 1212 Lamont St. NW from 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Your thoughtful and generous contributions will help open the doors to array of arts and community-based programming. Checks can be made payable to: BloomBars, LLC. Give what you can. Suggested Donation: $25-75. If you are not able to attend but wish to give, please send checks to 3222 11th Street, Washington, DC 20010. Thank you.
The party goes on at BloomBars starting at 9:30pm. Meet and experience Artist in Bloom residents and other amazing talent in bloom!”
And another worthy cause. From an email:
Get Involved in Your Neighborhood!
Join the Neighboring Initiative!
Team up with fellow residents of Petworth and Columbia Heights at the following events to create sustainable activity in neighborhoods! Join Greater DC Cares in its goal to reach every resident of these areas, and motivate them to become active participants of their own communities. If you would like to learn more about or attend one of these events, email Meghan at [email protected]. Continues after the jump.
July 6, 6:30-8pm: Planning Committee:
- At this meeting, we will plan and develop a recruitment plan for two events in late July and early August
July 8 6:30-8pm: Training: How to Hold a Block Party
- Learn all steps involved in planning and carrying out an event in the community
- Team up with your neighbors to hold a block party!
July14 6:30-8pm: Nonprofit Outreach Council Meeting
- Learn how to gauge a nonprofit’s assets versus needs, and what services we can provide each nonprofit
- Plan a community organization networking event
July19 or July 27 4pm: Block Parties!
July 22, 6-8pm: Community Meeting
- Discuss outcome of the block parties and any other events that occurred independently (outreach, etc.)
July 26, 1pm: Huge Canvass Day
- come join the group in a day of outreach – hand out pamphlets, sign people up for events. Let’s try to hit every house in Petworth!
July 29, 6-8pm: Tutor/Mentor Orientation