We looked at some renderings of other libraries last week. A reader sends news of a meeting Monday night at 6:30pm. The reader writes:
“Monday, May 4, 2009, DC Public Library leadership will be presenting the latest design iterations (still a work in progress) and open a broad discussion about many issues surrounding the Ward One Library project in Mount Pleasant. The Mount Pleasant Library is the only library serving all of Ward One.
The Ward One Library Coalition encourages all to attend to make sure you are kept involved in this project and that your voice is heard. For most of the design phase, DCPL has not involved the community, ANC Commissioners, and other residents in the design process.
* More recently, they are opening up the dialog with due pressure from the people. DCPL finally put up design images on their website today >>
Let’s continue to make sure we have see our government agencies respond directly to our concerns and collaboratively work on such important civic projects as central as our library. Please help let others know.
Monday, May 4, 2009, 6:30PM
Mount Pleasant Library Project Community Discussion
LOCATION: Mount Pleasant Library, 3160 Lamont Street NW
There are many issues to be discussed and resolved, including:
* Renovation & expansion construction scope
* Fire & security safety issues
* Accessibility issues
* Better community engagement
* Expanding library services to other W1 neighborhoods
* Councilmember Jim Graham * DCPL leadership
* Fire Chief Rubin & EMS staff * Mayor’s Office
* Ward One ANC Commissioners * Community groups”