See another finished photo and a before photo after the jump. The owner writes:
– The job required doubling the amount of space of the previous bathroom.
– This is the master bath in my bedroom.
– I found and selected all of the materials. I wanted a Zen experience every morning to start the day off peacefully.
– Petworth resident Carlos Lemos was the contractor.
– Whenever possible, recycled or reclaimed materials were used. The wood 2x4s for the framing were salvaged from a skateboard park. I picked up the tile for the wall off of Craigs List from a woman who bought too much. The custom made vanity is made from salvaged wood that had been in an old country church in Amish country.
– The pebble stones are not salvaged. But they are heated by radiant heating underneath, to warm the feet.
– The shower has a curved wall and bench.
– The sinks are hand hammered in China.