This is fantastic news. A great addition to the restaurant scene. So has anyone been to the Sake Club in Woodley Park? Please tell me it is good sushi. Now we just need a good Greek place to open up…
From the press release: Donatelli Development announced today that an agreement has been reached with the owners of Sake Club, a popular sushi and sake restaurant located on Connecticut Avenue in Woodley Park, to build a new restaurant in the retail portion of Highland Park, bringing to six the number of restaurants expected to open in the building.
The new Sake Club restaurant will be 1,800 square feet, facing Irving Street near the western end of the Highland Park development, about half way between 14th and 15th streets. The owners expect to build a restaurant with a similar look and feel to the one in Woodley Park, which will complement the other restaurant offerings in the building:
– A fine-dining restaurant in the British “gastropub” style, with an eclectic but accessible and affordable menu, from Hank’s Oyster Bar founder Jamie Leeds;
– Five Guys Burgers and Fries, started in 1986 just a few miles away in Arlington, since expanded into a franchise operation covering 16 states and the District of Columbia;
– Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza, featuring fresh pizza, pastas, panini, soups, antipasto, salads and gelato, as well as a selection of domestic and Italian wines and beer;
– Potbelly Sandwich Works, offering sandwiches made to order, salads, soups, smoothies and various sweets; and
– Zinnia, a locally owned sit-down restaurant serving an exotic menu of Caribbean foods and drinks, tapas-style, in a comfortable lounge environment.
“Jerónimos Monastery” Thanks to Reana for sending these great shots from Lisbon.
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share for the regular fix please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name…
Thanks to Michele Banks for sending this great shot from Kalorama. Friends of the White Whale Society is brought to you by the team behind Last Christmas Tree in Town….
This rental is located at 821 Randolph Street, NW. The Craigslist ad says: “$3,300 / 3br – 1600ft2 – Live Large in Petworth 1 Blk from Metro (Petworth)