7th and Q St, NW
Last week I begged Dacha to hurry up. If you will it, it is no dream.
From a press release:
“Team Dacha is excited to announce the much anticipated reopening of Shaw’s own, expanded and improved, Dacha Beer Garden this coming Thursday, March 19th at 4:00 pm!
We gutted the China Express building next door and installed new bathrooms and a new kitchen on the 1st floor. The plan to build an extension to the main historic structure that will expand the restaurant and bar spaces to the 2nd and 3rd floors is still active. We will continue working with our neighbors and the Historic Preservation Review Board to approve the plans and move forward.
What to expect at the opening:
– First 50 guests will receive beautiful, complimentary Dacha t-shirts.
– The same great casual set-up with several major improvements.
– Brand new sparkling bathrooms. Porta potties no more!
– Expanded beer menu, with the addition of Weihenstephaner Pale Ale and All Day IPA from Founders Brewing Company.
– Expanded grounds with more canopy coverage and larger guest areas.
The Happy Hour will remain, Monday through Thursday, lasting from 3pm to 7pm including $5 singles and $10 boots of select drafts.
What to expect in the next few weeks:
– Full kitchen slated to open in April.
– Expanded menu to start in April.
– Dacha Market and Coffee will start operating from the former China Express carry out store front in April. The market will feature self-serve coffee, pastry, sandwiches, occasional gourmet groceries, juices, milk, fresh bread, cold cuts and more. In the morning the market will greet guests with freshly brewed coffee, pastries and a selection of breakfast sandwiches. Our upcoming online ordering system will allow guests to order their lunch and dinner then pick it up at Dacha Market and Coffee.
Thanks again for your continued support of Dacha Beer Garden. We cannot wait to welcome you and your loved ones at the garden this coming Thursday!
Dacha Beer Garden is a pleasant, green neighborhood epicenter that has been warmly received and endorsed by the community. Dacha serves a carefully curated selection of world-class German, Belgian and American beers, a variety of meads, ciders and wines – all accompanied by German and Eastern European inspired menu. The open-air format, comfortable seating, and convenient location make Dacha an easy choice, while affordable prices offer a great dinner/lunch alternative to a restaurant or a take out.
We’re changing the world, one beer at a time.”