For a Saturday afternoon gourmet delight head for Taste of 8th on Barracks Row, 8th Street this weekend — just half block south of Eastern Market Metro.
One ticket buys a tapas sized portion. With 5 tickets (our famous 5 Pack) you’ll enjoy a lovely 5 Course lunch that you create yourself by choosing just what you want from the event menu distributed at the ticket booth. Tickets are available at barracksrow.org.
Souk begins Saturday’s ’round the world flavor trip. Owner/Chef Winnette Macintosh Ambrose won Chopped in January, wowing judges with a Trinidad inspired baked supper. At Taste of 8th Ambrose will be serving up traditional Roti from her homeland. You can have dessert at the Souk booth, too! Sister restaurant, Sweet Lobby will be serving another Ambrose specialty, French macaron.
Another double course stop is Trattoria Alberto where your love for Italian will be greeted by Agnoletti (pasta stuffed with spinach, ricotta and meats) in Pink Sauce as a main dish or House Specialty Cannoli as dessert.
A finalist in City Paper’s Best New Restaurant in DC, ChiKo will fuse Chinese cuisine with Korean via Garlic Shrimp Dumpling with Chili Oil.
Then there’s Betsy, that exotic gem of a gin garden tucked up above Belga Café. They are pointing to summer rooftop fun with Grilled Pineapple and Avocado with Naan.
Farm to table flavors are the essence of the Eat Bar experience: pull in for Pulled Chicken Sliders featuring Orange Chicken, sour cream, pickle, beet relish.
If you want to keep score here are the dishes being served at some of the 24 participating Row restaurants on Saturday:
- Chiko — Garlic Shrimp Dumpling with Chili Oil
- Betsy — Grilled Pineapple and Avocado with Naan
- DCanter — Wines for Spring
- Lavagna — Rigatoni Bolognaise
- Matchbox — Arancini (Crispy Fried Risotto), Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce
- Cava — Greek Corn on the Cob and Cava Cauliflower
- Sweet Lobby — French Macaron
- Souk — Trinidad Roti
- Spring Mill — Homemade Brownies, Cookies and Cakes
- Trattoria Alberto — Agnoletti and Cannoli
- Finn’s — Fish and Chips
- Lola — Vegetarian Risotto Croquette Stuffed with Zucchini and Tomato
- Ophelia’s — Shrimp and Grits
- Sushi Torai — Assorted Sushi Rolls with Tempura Vegetables
- Eatbar — Pulled Chicken Slider with Sour Cream, Pickles and Beet Relish
- Ugly Mug — Mini Burgers
Additional participating restaurants include Belga, Ambar, Chat’s, District Doughnut, Nooshi Sushi, Medium Rare, Sushi Hachi, Finn McCool’s, Ophelia’s Fish House and Lola’s.