Photo by PoPville flickr user Jim Havard
Thank you to all of those who have served (and continue to serve.)
If you are following PoPville for breaking news on the weekends, the best way to get info is via @PoPville on Twitter and PoPville on Facebook. Info/tips/photos are still very much appreciated via email to [email protected] Follow PoPville on Instagram here and tag your photos #PoPville. Thanks and have a great weekend!
With only about 80 open houses scheduled in DC for the weekend, it appears inventory might be starting to slow down for the season. If that’s the case, you better get out there and check out some of these DC open houses below:
For the entire list click here.
- 1722 Independence Ave SE #1 — $599,000 — Capitol Hill East
- Open SUN. 1-3PM — Brian Thomas
- Brand-new duplex construction blocks from the Metro.
- 4610 4th Street NW — $649,555 — Petworth
- Open SUN. 12-1PM — Daniel MacDonald
- Decent rowhouse that appears to have a fridge in the sunroom.
- 1310 Corbin Place NE — $835,000 — Kingman Park
- Open SAT. & SUN. 1-3PM — Mary Saltzman
- Recently reduced price.
- 560 N Street SW #N-511 — $349,999 — Southwest Waterfront
- Open SUN. 12:30-2:30PM — Christopher Jeffries
- Can’t get much closer to the Wharf than this one.
- 1940 Summit Place NE — $849,900 — Eckington
- Open SAT. & SUN. 2-4PM — Lyndsi Sitcov
- End unit rowhouse that “finishing touches are being implemented.”
- 1337 Spring Road NW #3 — $639,000 — Columbia Heights
- Open SUN. 1-3:30PM — Ellen Klein
- Recently renovated and expanded with modern touches.
- 3410 Nash Place SE — $339,000 — Hillcrest
- Open SUN. 1-3PM — James Gregory
- Looks small from the outside, but somehow has 4 bedrooms.
If you have any animal/pet photos you’d like to share please send an email to princeofpetworth(at)gmail(dot)com with ‘Animal Fix’ in the title and say the name of your pet and your neighborhood. AdoPtville is run by two volunteers who compile these pets weekly from local shelters.
“Ricky is a shy older gentleman who would love nothing more than to have a quiet place to spend his golden years. Ricky’s previous owner passed away in March, and he’s really hoping to find his new home in time for the holidays! The right family for Ricky will understand that he needs some time to get used to a new home. Ricky will probably spend the first week or two under your bed but soon enough, he will be curling up next to you on the couch! Despite having only three teeth left, Ricky won’t let you get away with serving his dinner late. He’ll meow to get your attention and then chow down like a kitty half his age! Ricky loves being cradled like a baby and brushed. He is a champion biscuit-maker and will purr so contentedly he drools a little! This guy is one of his foster mom’s all-time favorites and she would love to have you over to meet him. Please email Ricky’s foster at [email protected] to arrange a visit! ****As an added bonus, if you’re over the age of 50, Ricky’s adoption fee is waived as part of Humane Rescue Alliance’s Boomer’s Buddies program! ****”
Sherlock is a sweet and funny four year old kitty who is a great companion. Ear scratches? Yes, please. Sherlock often seeks the comfort and reassurance from her human and is pretty laid back. Though shy at first, Sherlock is very inquisitive after she gets accustomed to her surroundings. Sherlock is a team player – she will gladly help you finish your salmon dinner. This funny gal likes to play, bird watch and eat, but loves the company of her human most of all. She’s easily entertained with paper bags and boxes. Really anything can be a toy if you’re as creative of a cat as Sherlock! Sherlock does not love other cats and would do best in a home where she can be the only kitty. This special gal came into foster care from the shelter because of a suspected skin allergy that required treatment. She has undergone allergy testing and is on the right track to being itch free! Still, she’ll need to go to a home where her new family will continue her on her allergy regimen. She has been a champ through it all and is waiting for your special, forever home. Please contact foster mom Kristen at [email protected] for more information or to set up a “meet and greet and adopt” for Sherlock!
Both Ricky and Sherlock are featured on www.humanerescuealliance.org, under Cats – Foster Homes. You can see more photos of them there!
Photo by PoPville flickr user Andrew Pasko-Reader
You can talk about whatever is on your mind – quality of life issues, a beautiful tree you spotted, scuttlebutt, or any random questions/thoughts you may have. But please no personal attacks and no need to correct people’s grammar. This is a place to vent and/or celebrate things about daily life in D.C.