Home Forums Food and Dining Zaatar/zahtar?

Topic: Zaatar/zahtar?

Food and Dining July 15, 2012 at 8:22 am

Anyone know of a market that carries zaatar spice blend? Ideally in the Logan circle area.

5 Replies Add Reply

Try Dean and DeLuca in Georgetown or Penzy’s in Rockville, or order on line (I’ve used for hard-to-find spices).  It’s also easy to make if you have or can find sumac – toasted sesame seeds, thyme, sumac and sea salt.

Rodmans in Friendship Heights/Tenleytown will probably have some for cheaper than Dean & Deluca. They’re on Wisconsin Ave. It’s unassuming on the outside…looks like your local neighborhood bodega…but inside it’s a treasure trove of hard to find spices, ethnic foods, and a fantastic beer selection. 

Not Logan, but I just bought some a couple days ago from the Spice & Tea Exchange on Wisconsin in Georgetown.
Very glad to know about Rodmans! Sounds like a great shop.

Thanks for all the responses! I will give Spice & Tea exchange a shot since I have to run an errand in Georgetown this weekend. 🙂 

I would recommend Spice & Tea Exchange too — I always go there to stock up on holiday baking spices.  Also, Rodman’s is fantastic — don’t forget to go downstairs!!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or