Home Forums Sports and Fitness YMCA?

Topic: YMCA?

Sports and Fitness March 11, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Two questions: has anyone heard any more about when the 14th and W YMCA will be opening up?  The website still says “early 2013.”  Not helpful.

Also, any reviews of the Logan Circle YMCA?  I’m one of the few creatures who likes the WSC in Columbia Heights, but I’m moving closer to U Street and don’t love the schedule or over-crowding at the north Dupont WSC.  If I’m going to walk 13 minutes to the WSC, I figure I might as well walk 16 minutes to the YMCA and get a bigger gym with more classes and a rock climbing wall while I’m at it, but it is a little far and I’m not sure if it’s worth it.  Vida and Mint both seem way too expensive, especially compared to my $52/mo WSC government membership.  
Any other suggestions, especially for gyms with classes and, ideally, discounts for feds?

Thanks in advance, PoPville!

2 Replies Add Reply

Would still love feedback from the ville, but this is what I heard back from the Y today:

Hi Molly:

You recently inquired about a membership at the National Capital YMCA.. Please schedule a tour and I will show you what our membership includes. Our rates for individuals is $73/month and a $75 joining fee. Family membership is $130/month and a $100 joining fee. For the whole month of March, we are waiving all joining fees for all memberships! All memberships are month to month no contract. I would be happy to offer you a 3 day pass and give you a tour of our facility. Also if you are leaving in good standing at your current “Y”, your joining fee might be waived. We offer an indoor swimming pool, indoor running track, basketball court, racquetball and squash courts and over 40 classes per week to choose from that  are included in membership. We do have a rock wall that is open specific hours each week. Our Anthony Bowen location will be opening between April 15th and May 1st. If you have any additional questions, please give me a call.  

They have a guy in the real estate office between Eatonville and the dry cleaner at 14th and V Sts.  I think they’re there until 7 PM on weekdays and on Saturdays.  They can answer most questions.  Seems like a pretty impressive place!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or