Where is a good cheap place to get alterations?

Home Forums General Discussion Where is a good cheap place to get alterations?

Topic: Where is a good cheap place to get alterations?

General Discussion May 16, 2012 at 10:46 am

Where is a good cheap place to get alterations?

I need to get several bridesmaids dresses altered and was wondering where the best inexpenisve place to go was.

4 Replies Add Reply

Hi cm,
My wife and I swear by Cheryl A. Lofton, a local Shaw-based shop. We’ve taken a number of things for alteration there and the price was always reasonable, turn-around time fast, and very professional work.
Her shop is located in Shaw between 7th Street and 8th Street NW on T Street NW. The address is: 719-721 T Street NW, Washington, DC, 20001. Phone: (202) 483-5929. Website: CherylLofton.com
We’ve always recieved estimates in advance there for work we wanted done, so that was a real plus for us.
Things were hopping in there today, when I walked by this morning. After all, June is the beginning of the “wedding season” and I’m sure a lot of people are looking for alterations about now.
Good luck with your alterations!

I’ve had great experience at Mt. Pleasant Cleaners on Mt. Pleasant Street!

I take my stuff to a dry cleaners/tailor in southwest by the FEMA building. The place is called Palace Cleaners (500 C Street, SW) and its run by a lovely Korean American couple. The Mrs. does a great and professional job with alterations and does them very quickly. I’ve taken just about everything to her including some last minute alterations to my wedding dress! I highly recommend her.

I’ve had really good experiences with Melvin’s Custom Tailoring at 1317 F St NW. He’s reasonable, and really understands how things fit and work with your body shape. He’s usually a bit gruff, but I’m willing to deal with that for consistently excellent tailoring.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or