What's the deal with Dupont?

Home Forums Events What's the deal with Dupont?

Topic: What's the deal with Dupont?

Events March 18, 2015 at 12:02 pm

What's the deal with Dupont?

Hi everyone,
I can’t for the life of me figure out why the restaurants are closing north of Dupont Circle. It’s become a food desert for us office workers stuck here Monday-Friday. Sure, Smashburger,Potbelly, and eventually Fuel weren’t gourmet, but they got the job done. I never thought I would say this, but I actually miss Cosi.

The few options north of Q Street that are 1.) fast 2.) casual and 3.) less than $15 are Glen’s (which is great, but the service is not that streamlined and that makes a huge difference when you only have 30 minutes to find lunch and eat it) and the Soho Market that just opened up by the Hilton, which also has a huge problem with lines and efficiency during prime lunch time.

I get that the area has rats – I’ve worked here long enough to know not to look too hard in corners or down alleys. But the rat problem has been here for the last 10 years. What changed? I usually bring my lunch now (which is cheaper and healthier, sure), but on the days where I forget or don’t have time to make one, I’m stuck with whatever is left at Soho or Rite Aid. I would do terrible, unspeakable things to get a Pret to open up around here. Is there hope for new proprietors, or should I start lobbying my higher-ups to move elsewhere?

1 Replies Add Reply

A new Jetties sandwich shop north of Dupont would be ideal. A Surfside down on N doesn’t cut it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or