What to do I say to poop pickin' haters?

Home Forums Neighborhood News What to do I say to poop pickin' haters?

Topic: What to do I say to poop pickin' haters?

Neighborhood News June 15, 2014 at 11:22 pm

What to do I say to poop pickin' haters?

Tagged: ,

Hello all! There is a dog poop problem in my neighborhood. It is so bad that people have even hung signs encouraging people to pick up their dog poop.

Anyways, I have two lovely adoptees and a third, a mastiff, that was abandoned at the house that we purchased — he call him the most expensive dog we ever purchased, because he came with the house. We take care of our pups — vet, groomer for the hairy one, glucosamine for the older ones, and special diets for each.

More importantly, we pick up our dog poop. We pick up so much poop that we order poop bags from Amazon by the thousand. We pick up so much poop that we have a designated poop can to throw the poop in. We pick up so much poop that sometimes when there is another dog’s poop next to our dogs poop, we pick up that poop — because it is the neighborly thing to do. I even offered to share my poop in a package for someone having package thief problems to act as a “Trojan package”.

There are some people that have yelled at me while my dog is pooping on the frontage. Most recently, while my dog was mid-poop and I already had a poop bag on my hand, a neighbor, who has not been very neighborly at all since we moved in, opened her second story window and yelled, “You better pick up that up.”

So, I want your suggestions — How can I say back that is entertaining to me or the people witnessing to keep the mood light when someone is so angry they they need to yell at me before my dog is even finished pooping?

7 Replies Add Reply

What’s “frontage”?
If someone says, “You’d better pick that up,” could you try a cheerful, “Don’t worry; I always do”? Depending on how long ago you moved in, maybe the neighbor hasn’t noticed that you’ve established your poop-picking bona fides.
I have a vague recollection that someone posted on PoPville once about a dog-hating neighbor who was uniformly hateful to everyone walking a dog. Maybe that’s your neighbor?

Frontage is what I call the strip of land between the sidewalk and the street. Is there another word?

I usually call at “that margin of grass between the sidewalk and the street.” πŸ˜‰
Or sometimes “the treebox area” (although in my neighborhood, it’s more like a continuous strip of ground/grass/weeds with occasional concrete, not a continuous strip of concrete with occasional patches of ground).
A Canadian once told me it’s called “the verge,” but I’ve never heard anyone else use that term, so I’m skeptical.

RE: ‘ that margin of grass between the sidewalk and the street ‘
I have never heard of the verge. Then I googled and I came up with all sorts of words. I am going to start calling it the devil’s box.

RE: Don’t worry; I always do
You are nice person. πŸ™‚ … So does this mean I shouldn’t sent my neighbor a card with chocolate smeared on it and a note that says that says I didn’t wash my hands? πŸ˜‰

I was re-reading your original post… who else has yelled at you while your dog was pooping on the frontage/verge/treebox area, and under what circumstances?

Another person yelled while they were walking into an apartment building while my pup was pooping.

They said, “Don’t let your dog poop here! People live here! Take it down the street.”
So, it was a little different.

I said, “People live there too.”

All I can advise would be:
1) Encourage your dog to poop on the frontage/verge/treebox area, rather than on the edge of anyone’s yard
2) Conspicuously hold a poop bag while your dog is pooping
3) If anyone says anything to you, say, “Don’t worry; I’ll pick it up.”

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or