What are my options if I want to go out in the H St. area on New Years Eve to ring in 2013?

Home Forums Events What are my options if I want to go out in the H St. area on New Years Eve to ring in 2013?

Topic: What are my options if I want to go out in the H St. area on New Years Eve to ring in 2013?

Events December 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm

What are my options if I want to go out in the H St. area on New Years Eve to ring in 2013?

Looking for a succinct guide to going out on New Year’s Eve in DC (H St., NE, but also Adams Morgan, U St.) while there is still time to plan and purchase tickets (if needed).

3 Replies Add Reply

Think of the 930 Club.  Drive By Truckers.  It was a great show last year.

I did H Street last year, though I probably didn’t make the most of it.  I did the prix fixe dinner at H Street Country Club (the food was surprisingly good) cuz it was pretty cheap ($35 including a drink if I remember correctly) and still had reservations when we were last minute planning.  They had a ticketed open bar thing going on downstairs (in the $50 range), but we didn’t feel like paying for it.  We then parked ourselves at Sticky Rice for the rest of the night.  Sticky Rice had no cover and free champagne at midnight.  It was a pretty fun crowd, though we found seats at the bar and let the fun come to us.

Or celebrate closer to home! Ring in the New Year at President Lincoln’s Cottage.
On the evening of December 31st, President Lincoln’s Cottage is hosting Freedom’s Eve, a celebration in honor of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. Just as thousands of men, women, and children kept watch on New Year’s Eve in anticipation of the decree, we will honor the momentous event with festivities at the Cottage, the very place where President Lincoln developed the Emancipation Proclamation. Enjoy live music, a dessert buffet, and an open bar featuring wine, beer, champagne, and a signature cocktail.

For tickets, location, and more information, visit: http://lincolncottage.org/freedoms-eve-at-president-lincolns-cottage/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply to this topic

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion. or